Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
84121 - 84135 of 84135 Posts

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,302 Posts
@bruinjeeper

So you can kind of see how the led pod sits out more than the stock light. It's about 1/2" off the flange that the stock light bolts to. That and the open spaces at each corner
Mine appear a LITTLE better fit than that.... but honestly I would just grind down the edges with an angle grinder or dremel and proper bit and make them fit.

In fact, now that I think aboot it ... I'll probably do the same to mine.

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Lawn mower Mower Plant Tire Walk-behind mower

This is what I did today. When I went to throw my winch plate on I found out that my beautiful and slightly dented patina bumper was bowed up in the middle so I had to throw the new bumper on that I had. It was making the winch plate rock and there is no way I would have ever gotten it to torque correctly. IIRC @Crisnvegas gave me the brand new bumper with the Jeep. I did have to oval out the holes slightly to get it to bolt up but yet the winch plate holes were perfectly centered. I think the bumper is a Crown replacement. Nuff said about the fit. It looks good though, just needs cleaning as it has been in the shed for a few years. We hooked it up to the truck and did a full pull going uphill to get the rope tensioned. Thats when it started raining pretty hard. Perfect timing because I did this out under the shade tree. So far I am very happy with this winch purchase.

Brown Santa also dropped off a right and left side of these today for the 94

Font Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Almost forgot. It is what we drove today to go to town. The importance of that is it was once again Mrs. Boojos suggestion.

Today was a good YJ day.

• Love
Reactions: bruinjeeper

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Weeks later, pics are finally rolling in from Rausch Creek. So here's a little photo dump
Tire Plant Wheel Plant community Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Plant
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
The other 1 ton jeep in the group had a bad break in the middle of a red trail called crawl daddy and I had to finish the trail pulling him out. One of the rear upper links let go which let the whole axle spin and took out the driveshaft, brake lines and both rear coilovers

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Wood Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Beam Metal
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I wish I could post videos here, you would see some 5+ min long videos of the other guys in my group making their way through an obstacle while mine are like 30 second videos lol you can even hear people saying "WTF, he just walked right through that?!". Love it :ROFLMAO: and thats why Im always a tail gunner

·
Think Outside the Catalog
9,732 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work :ROFLMAO: 🍻
Our club web site displays YT vids, so I'm used to adding them that way. You can upload vids to YT and mark them to not be seen in regular public YT searches, but anyone with the right link, given the them by you, can view it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Bought a new tarp from harbor freight and replaced the windblown and torn old one. For $12.99, this tarp with string does the trick.

Lasted for well over à year in the sun and wind. Finally tore a month or so ago when we had crazy winds for a few days. Only spent a minute putting it on so it doesn't look as tight as it should.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
439 Posts
Very true. It does come with a drawstring already, so it plays to my strengths and weaknesses.

And can't sew, and am sometimes lazy.

The tarp actual tightens up around the top really nicely. I was just in a bit of a rush and didn't fix it up great. I truly wish I had developed my sewing skills previously and I think about it every day. Literally.

I share a building with a friend the sells fabric. And I'm always seeing something new and interesting.

Textile Fashion Sleeve Fashion design Event

Fashion Textile Wood Retail Wedding dress

84121 - 84135 of 84135 Posts