Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
83801 - 83820 of 84135 Posts

·
Think Outside the Catalog
9,732 Posts
I drag raced my wife's TJ. I am hugely disappointed to note that my YJ lost. :(
The real test is who wins the next race with her in the YJ and you in the TJ. I suspect that if she wins again, we here will never know.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
I'm almost done with my new transmission to transfer case adapter. I just have to drill the 4 holes through from the transmission side and countersink them. I really hope this fixes my perpetual transmission leak.

Automotive lighting Carbon Audio equipment Automotive fog light Grille
Audio equipment Carbon Auto part Automotive lighting Circle
Carbon Tints and shades Circle Auto part Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
I drove my Jeep around. It’s been awhile but finally got the air cleared out of the cooling system. The temp sensor didn’t go over 200 even when idling. Now that is the stock gauge so I trust it’s reliability like I trust a fart after chili but still prior to the system refresh I was always at 215+.

I am going to drive it some during the week to see what I need to fix next. A local Jeep club is having a cruise in, yes I know it’s a Jeep but I do need some regular miles on the Jeep as well.

I did test out 4hi and 4lo on a ditch in the field next to my house. I need to see if one of the kids will take a photo of the Jeep actually doing Jeep things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
I drew and printed some spacers to use for clamping the shock reservoirs to the chassis.

Playing musical chairs with these reservoirs. I've tried 3 different locations, but I think I like this one. I've got 1 more spot I might try them tomorrow
View attachment 4131920
That right there is cool stuff. I love doing CNC work.

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,302 Posts
2021 just won't go away eh?

I got us a DEATHMATCH going:

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
New transmission, new adapter, and old t-case are back in the Jeep. I didn't get it to the point where I could spin doughnuts in the snow as I had planned last night, but progress was made.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Thoughts on a low buck limited slip in the D35?

Got a lead on a OEM LS set up from my friend that owns a garage, he got a customer vehicle in Jeep XJ that has it in the rear and likely the thing is leaving his shop for a trip to the scrappers. If thats the case he said I can pull the rear carrier.

Since my wife and I increased the worlds population this year the jeep budget was cut to basically $0 so I am keeping that D35 for a while longer. But for basically the cost of diff fluid, a new clutch pack, and some time (free) I could get a limited slip in the rear to help out with the front being the D30 with a locker... Or do you think Ill blow it up? Running 33*10.5s and I am not a hard wheeler, more of a good line, light throttle type.

83801 - 83820 of 84135 Posts