Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
83781 - 83800 of 84135 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Checked the oil and went to get gas. Resetting the trip meter I noticed the odometer had rolled 190,000 probably yesterday during the dog's ride.

Of course, that's just the odometer. There is no telling which parts of this Jeep have gone how far. :unsure:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love my jeep! So Monday I was leaving work and decided to put it in 4 low to see if I could get the 4x4 to kick in, It didn't, So I went to put it in 4 hi when the shifter came off, And It was in neutral. I tried to put it back on but to no avail. Thankfully I was able to push it up into 4 hi. After I woke up I decided to fix it, and when I got done, My new to me full doors (Drivers side) decided to not open anymore, So I stopped so I wouldn't get mad and kick it open. I managed to fix it Tuesday.
But I do love the new to me hard top and full doors, So much warmer!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Window
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
I broke my YJ today.... That's what I did. My transmission decided it no longer wanted to move the Jeep forward. Reverse still works, but on the narrow trail I was on turning around wasn't a good option. My buddies Jeep had a hard enough time getting up some of the hills without pulling me so that meant lots of winching for both Jeeps. Good thing I just finished building a new transmission.

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
I broke my YJ today.... That's what I did. My transmission decided it no longer wanted to move the Jeep forward. Reverse still works, but on the narrow trail I was on turning around wasn't a good option. My buddies Jeep had a hard enough time getting up some of the hills without pulling me so that meant lots of winching for both Jeeps. Good thing I just finished building a new transmission.
I need a bogus name and account to make stupid remarks on this forum such as the following..

How did you build your transmission? What type of wood and did you use screws or nails? Do you think screw and glue is strongest? I have been thinking about building one myself.

• Haha
Reactions: daddyjeep87

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,302 Posts
Thks buddy. I appreciate it. And you know what? Peroni is definitely a beer that Me likey.
Usually if you appreciate something you 'Like' the post.

Now, i'm not one to need those likes, whose keeping count right. . . .?

.... but i kinda think i need a like from you... just saying. Preferably the one with heart eyes - eh? ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, I joined the "cut the rear to fit 33's" club today. I enlisted some help due shoulder injury - but went a lot quicker then I thought it would once we measured about 2 dozen times on each wheel well for the new flares. Did the tape, trace, and cut, then paint on the cut line and drill for the new mounting holes.
Ended up keeping the plastic wheel well inserts, just did some mild cutting trim for the new opening.

No more tire rub on the rears. Winning!
Azure Wood Electric blue Feather Soil

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Asphalt

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
What did it end up weighing?
I just checked the sprung weight using the springs I had on hand. Came up with 712lbs for each rear corner with me in the jeep. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I was at 600 for the front corners. Not sure what to think about that. Lol

I ordered 150/200 springs from magnitude that showed up today. I'm starting to worry it'll be a little too much spring, but I've got another pair of 150s I can run on the lower if needed. I hope to get them installed this weekend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I finally upgraded my stereo. I added new kicker 4x6s in the dash and installed a couple Vertically Driven Products speaker towers w/ Kicker 3 way 6x9s. I also added a Sony 45 watt RMS x 4 channel amp. I can hear clearly over my soft top on the interstate. Sounds great with lossless audio from Apple Music. I disconnected my YJ computer years ago. While doing this install, I removed it and bolted the amp to the existing computer bracket. It fit perfectly! I could put two of those little Sony amps in there, though it would be too much.

83781 - 83800 of 84135 Posts