Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#3,301 ·
I like those metal rocker guards in the door...

where do you get those from? cost?

Here is what I did over the past few days... mounted my fire extinguisher, fixed my drivers side door "latch was messed up". Cleaned the whole thing inside and out since it hadn't been cleaned in months. Got some new D rings for the front bumper, mounted and wired my Hella lights. Put in my new fishing rod rack and installed a set of diamond plate door thresholds because I am sick of cleaning out the dirt in all the little grooves of the stock plastic ones lol Then I took her out yesterday and got her all muddy again :rofl: Next for this week is an oil change, front brake pads and to figure out what the loud creaking noise is from my left front. Here are some pics before I got her all muddy.

#3,302 ·
what the hell are fire strips?
since my xj dont have a 3rd brake light,those are going to be my custom- in rear window brake lights but they also do reverse and turn signal

#3,303 ·
aircruiser, i think you need 1 more set of lights...wow
haha gonna put some running lights along the roof like a semi just cause..lol..theyll be legal to run tho

Aircruiser, why do you keep changing exhausts?
well once the cherrybomb fell off offroad, then i put the magnaflow on after a cop told me it was to loud. then the magnaflow had no way of staying on right since it was off a truck, then my neighbors called the cops since they were getting annoyed just by me rolling up and parking..so now im back to the bomb

:agree: i never understood why so many lights? unless you do some serious night wheeling or desert racing.
just cause..lol..gives me something to do and its fun

hey at least his GF will be ready to go in time when he pulls in since she will see him coming from miles away :rofl: ..and you can never have enough lights :)
haha in the summer she can hear me too from about half a mile

Hell yeah Lights are Awesome, i have a thing for em also, i hope to get a basket and mount a few lights on my XJ sometime this year, MJ Dont need anymore
yeah i guess its just an obsession with lights...idk :dunno:

#3,308 ·
Popped my drivers door panel to troubleshoot the intermittent speaker shorting in (meaning it's usually shorted out) Found the connector loose - pried up the two male ends to contact the female end better.

Ghetto fix, will work for now. Will be able to pop the panel quicker when I upgrade to 6 1/2" speakers soon. The linkage for the door handle and lock was the hardest part.

All my window switches still work too!

#3,315 · (Edited)

fixed my headlight switch, now i can use my highbeams and my headlights dont flicker on and off, woooo.

#3,316 ·
Stared at it for about 45 min thinking about the sweet sweet 33's I am getting this week.. :drool:

And then sat in the driver seat for about another ten thinkin about the wheeling trip on the 22'nd with my new suspension and meats! I think I may be obsessed...

#3,317 ·
I drove our jeep home today,was a 50 mile (80k) drive.cruise works -heater doesent.rolled the window down a bit and the venturi effect pulled a little warm air through the heater box. its rough around the edges and bounces in an ellipse (shocks) when i hit a good bump.i must say its impressive for a 6cyl.being a 2wd it really has a lot of get up and go.now desperately looking for seat belts.i like it,hope the young feller dont wreck it.

#3,318 ·
sooo glad its back together
why is there a liscense plate on your axle or is it just me???? :dunno:

As for the jeep in the last week I have lifted it 3in and thrown my 31's on it, Gone doorless in it and started to rip the headliner and the carpet out.

I will have some pics tomorrow.

And for anyone debating going doorless DO IT its fun as ****!!!!

#3,320 ·
why is there a liscense plate on your axle or is it just me???? :dunno:

As for the jeep in the last week I have lifted it 3in and thrown my 31's on it, Gone doorless in it and started to rip the headliner and the carpet out.

I will have some pics tomorrow.

And for anyone debating going doorless DO IT its fun as ****!!!!
Post pics!