Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#3,102 ·
Installed my awesome patch job on the rear on my XJ's one and only rust problem... got to love a dremel tool and 1/8" thick galvanized metal. total price to fix-
7" by 12" sheet of steel from lowes= 5.96
box of self tapping 3/4" sheet metal screws- 2.00
can of rubberized undercoating- 9.87
tube of black RTV gasket maker (used the whole tube.... no way moisture is getting under my patch)- 1.50
total price= CHEAP!
next repair- find a replacement windshield for CHEAP!

#3,110 ·
pulled the tranny, trashed the old clutch, got the flywheel cut, installed the new clutch, put the tranny back in, and changed the valve cover gasket. Well it really wasn't what I did to the xj "today" more like what I (and some good friends) did to the xj last week. And just in time too, were supposed to get 8 to 13 inches tonight. (I'll believe it when I see it this is jersey)

#3,111 ·
Took off my 31's and put on my 33's... since we're'expecting aboot 6" of snow.

#3,114 ·
did the doorless mod. Left em off its starting to reach the upper 30 regularly now so its come that time a year. Left the doors under cover beside the shed and our pup (which is almost a year) had beef with the wiring harness coming out of the drivers door so she chewed it off. that may be a head ach later.