Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#93,741 ·
Lined them all up and got a photo. Blue one at the end is leaving me today. Sad day when you sell a Jeep. Fortunately another is coming in to take its place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I need an MJ. They are just so hard to find these days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#93,742 ·
I need an MJ. They are just so hard to find these days.

They are still around. Just gotta look. Leave the highways. Start driving back roads. They are around. There’s 3 of them in my driveway currently. One didn’t make that picture up above.

#93,743 ·
Replaced the wife’s XJ with a WK2. First time in 11 years her daily driver has been anything other than an XJ.

#93,744 ·
Bobbed the bed on the blue kong bed manche last night. 2 feet of sheet metal gone. Now it needs some additional trimming and then the tail light buckets can go back on.

Reactions: Pinoy59
#93,745 ·
Kinda sad this thread is so dead nowadays. I remember when it used to get 10+ posts a day…

Here’s another manche pic. Tail light buckets are mocked up on the back of the bobbed bed now.

#93,746 ·
Kinda sad this thread is so dead nowadays. I remember when it used to get 10+ posts a day…

Here’s another manche pic. Tail light buckets are mocked up on the back of the bobbed bed now.

Maybe everyone has their rig(s) in perfect order .
Or , maybe they all have new toys to play with . ;)

#93,747 ·
Maybe everyone has their rig(s) in perfect order .
Or , maybe they all have new toys to play with . ;)
Forums are dying, and so are a lot of these old Jeeps. Most many people have the patience to wheel and maintain and especially not daily drive a 30 year old vehicle. My wife has a WK2 now and I have a MK6 TDI as a daily. We still have some XJ’s and MJ’s, but not any that we actually have to rely on. Just for fun.

#93,748 ·
My Jeep is getting frame stiffeners because I put a decent sized dent in the frame. Cutting off the lower arm control arm brackets is not fun, but I want to do this right. I got stiffeners front to rear so its going to be a decent amount of work. I will also be replacing the rocker panels with 2x6 .25 wall tubing. It should be rock solid when i am done!

Reactions: RedJeepster1
#93,749 ·
Forums are dying, and so are a lot of these old Jeeps. Most many people have the patience to wheel and maintain and especially not daily drive a 30 year old vehicle. My wife has a WK2 now and I have a MK6 TDI as a daily. We still have some XJ’s and MJ’s, but not any that we actually have to rely on. Just for fun.

Yup . Everything changes , always .
I haven't seen near as many old Jeeps on the road as I did a couple years ago .

#93,750 ·
Yup . Everything changes , always .
I haven't seen near as many old Jeeps on the road as I did a couple years ago .
There seem to be quite a few cherokees in my area, and a lot of them are decently built. I always feel like chasing them down and talking to them. Haha
I don't do social media, and the jeep club i always used had the website go down and it has never come back online. Sadly it just might be dead.

#93,751 ·
Things always slowed down in the colder months IMO.
Then we throw the whole pandemic thing into the mix so....
Personally my landlord of 11 years sold the place I live.
He was perfectly fine with me doing stuff to my Jeep here.
Actually seemed to get a kick out of me working on her.
I would be crawling around under the Jeep doing whatever, he would pull in,
have this big grin on his face, and ask me what I was doing now.
I once had the Jeep on jack stands for 2 weeks one time and he never complained once.
Why I was always posting in the "What Did You Do Today" thread.
But I don't see that happening with my new landlord so I really have not been doing anything to my Jeep.
So that is my excuse.

#93,752 ·
Things always slowed down in the colder months IMO.
Then we throw the whole pandemic thing into the mix so....
Personally my landlord of 11 years sold the place I live.
He was perfectly fine with me doing stuff to my Jeep here.
Actually seemed to get a kick out of me working on her.
I would be crawling around under the Jeep doing whatever, he would pull in,
have this big grin on his face, and ask me what I was doing now.
I once had the Jeep on jack stands for 2 weeks one time and he never complained once.
Why I was always posting in the "What Did You Do Today" thread.
But I don't see that happening with my new landlord so I really have not been doing anything to my Jeep.
So that is my excuse.
You really should test the water . You might be pleasantly surprised or , at least , find out if bears really do ... . ;)

Reactions: RedJeepster1
#93,753 ·
Manche bed is coming along. Tail lights section is tacked back in place. Started actually welding more of the sheet metal today. Everything is lining up. Rear bed mounts are tacked to the frame as of tonight. Next step is the bed comes back off to easier access to everything that needs to be welded.

#93,755 ·
Took the silver one out for a nice long drive today. It was 82 degrees so I had the doors off. Doesn’t get any better than that.

#93,757 ·
Blue MJ has shock hoops, shocks, removable crossover bar, driveshaft, and the start of an anti wrap bar now. Just gotta keep chipping away at it.

#93,758 ·
Black manche (aka the freemanche) got all new brakes yesterday. Rotors pads calipers shoes drums hard lines and soft lines. Also an adjustable proportioning valve so I could delete the factory rear load valve thing. It stops way better now!

#93,759 ·
Black manche (aka the freemanche) got all new brakes yesterday. Rotors pads calipers shoes drums hard lines and soft lines. Also an adjustable proportioning valve so I could delete the factory rear load valve thing. It stops way better now!

I bet it does!