Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
14141 - 14160 of 93851 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
the floors are there.... the right side just has them laying there on top of cardboard and covered up with a blanket.....that's all. :rofl:

The welder seems fine as soon as I learn how to use it I think I'll like it :dunno: I'll let you know when I'm successfully able to fuse two pieces of metal together.... then I'll like it a WHOLE lot more :2thumbsup: (I actually was able to weld a nut to some angle iron, but I won't be happy until I'm successful with sheet metal)
Did you buy that welder specifically for thinner sheet metal or are you going to step it up to say .25" for some homebrew toys? Sorry for being off topic and all, just it isn't everyday that you see someone who uses a welder that is on a too tight budget for a Lincoln :brickwall:

· Registered
1,543 Posts
Got the right side all disassembled to get the ball joints out. Changed out the tie rod boots since the old ones were torn. Pulled the diff cover to switch it out for the painted one and chocolate milk came pouring out. lol. And finally got the upper control arms disconnected so I can switch out the bushings.

Diff fluid

Right side all disassembled

Polyurethane Tie Rod boots before I put them on

And my table of junk (the shocks are from a previous car I worked on)

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Just checked my bank account and there was a charge from C4x4. So hopefully that means my tow hooks have shipped and I will get them ASAP. I'm going on my first real, wheeling trip this weekend, and I'm sure those things will come in handy.

· Registered
623 Posts
Got the right side all disassembled to get the ball joints out. Changed out the tie rod boots since the old ones were torn. Pulled the diff cover to switch it out for the painted one and chocolate milk came pouring out. lol. And finally got the upper control arms disconnected so I can switch out the bushings.

Diff fluid

Right side all disassembled

Polyurethane Tie Rod boots before I put them on

And my table of junk (the shocks are from a previous car I worked on)
mmmm chocolate milk

· Registered
269 Posts
My A/C stopped working so a long and sweaty week is in from of me (Leather seats and 35 + celcius)

· Registered
1,906 Posts
Got my XJ back from the shop with 4.56 gears in both diffs! Now I can actually drive and wheel it instead of giving it dirty looks while it sits shamefully in the driveway!

Word to the wise: make sure you have the cash to regear before you go putting those 33s or 35s on. Makes a world of difference!

· Registered
1,560 Posts
My A/C stopped working so a long and sweaty week is in from of me (Leather seats and 35 + celcius)
I had to think about that one for a second. I was like A/C in February??? :rofl: It's 35 degrees Fahrenheit here and it feels really damn near tropical out.

· Registered
6,321 Posts
was out hangin with some friends tonight... i got the bright idea to try and climb the cenment base of a light pole... couldnt get up it cause of wet tires but w.e... i told my frieend in his BB sus lift 3" body lifted TJ to try it lol he on 31s so he had a better shot... got about half way and than got it up on 2 wheels lol ahh good times lol

· Stuck In The Garage!
6,074 Posts
Did you buy that welder specifically for thinner sheet metal or are you going to step it up to say .25" for some homebrew toys? Sorry for being off topic and all, just it isn't everyday that you see someone who uses a welder that is on a too tight budget for a Lincoln :brickwall:
I got it to weld the floor pans in and then just for whatever pops up that gives me an excuse to use it :dunno:

· Registered
6,670 Posts
sick of having extra things in the console so I picked up a homelink module for five bucks out of the junkie and integrated it into the headliner right above the visor. It looks factory and works GREAT

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Nothing, nada, zip. Drove the car. Jeep has full tank of gas and costs more to fill up then my car does. Car has better radio, but Jeep is my toy. And once my car is going to cost more to fix then it is worth (car is worth 1,200 at most in it's current state), it is going to be sold or scrapped. Then the XJ will be my DD or I will get a motorcycle.

· Registered
2,276 Posts
Was feeling speedy so I took out the ABS Relay for kicks. Holy crap does ABS restrict you from loading up on the gas and brakes and spinning the tires. So much fun. Not to mention locking up the brakes is fun. The jeep did feel fast today. It must be that bright star in the sky called the sun that we haven't seen for weeks.

Redid my splice for my reverse lights. The splice into the OEM reverse light wire was basically non existent from when I did it originally. Used a smaller gauge wire this time and spliced up to the larger gauge. Works great now! Ended up killing the battery in the process. I guess running the ignition, radio, brake lights, parking lights, headlights (on harness) and reverse lights for a while kills batteries pretty well. Woops.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
drove it in the rain(with tube doors on)

· Registered
817 Posts
drove it in the rain(with tube doors on)
thats what, +5 jeep wave points? :dunno:

i took my new headlight switch that doesn't work back to piston ring, but they wouln't take it as i plugged it into my wiring. bastards.

but i skipped school with my dad and went to an salvage yard and grabbed a switch (hope it works), some roof hooks, and a fuel pressure regulator from a 3.3L 90's caravan all for $11. i also eyed up some newer xj seats and some zj rear 60/40 seat benches. couldn't find a rear window wiper for my xj though....

i also picked up some real fog lights that will work in fog, and a bag/organiser thing for the back of my seat.

i'll have to go back to the salvage yard when all the snow is gone so i'm not standing on 3ft of snow trying to open doors and stepping on parts covered with snow.

· Youngin'
5,659 Posts
found some red paint :D

· Registered
2,019 Posts

· Youngin'
5,659 Posts
just painted it pretty much, did even cover anything up. shot the red on the cover, then went to town on the axle. with all the salt on the roads it take a toll on the axle paint. so a quick coat of paint and its covered. as for the shackles those came off to paint. and the ARB front diff cover was already red

14141 - 14160 of 93851 Posts