Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93851 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Showtime3492 said:
pretty much gassed on workin on it for a while. its been so busy lately trying to get this thing all back in one piece and im tired of it. From a whole new drive line to repairing floors..ugh im spent. May be posting it in the classifieds in a day or so...
Don't do it! Resist!

· Registered
328 Posts
Showtime3492 said:
This has been over a year long rebuild. Considered 4 months for my machine work to be done and pulling 2 blown motors from it. (Long story) and money is tight... Even for me and I build EVERYTHING. Only stuff I buy is replacement parts shocks,wheelbearings,etc not sure yet but this jeep is an attention whore.
Just put it off to the side for a bit 'til you get the cash. Just wait it out, its worth it.

· Registered
328 Posts
BlueBadger said:
Trying to talk myself out of a full 4.5" long arm kit!! Thinking just do some upgrades to the 3" I have. But I really want a full new system!! Hmmm and a winch and locker!! I'll miss the zx14 but the money will go to good use!!
Hmmm you're in a pickle here. Long arm kit vs winch and locker; personally I'd go with the winch and locker. Lockers are like magic, put one on your jeep and you can go up/through anything.

· Registered
328 Posts
chriskeenan said:
the Spartans are nice, but you get what you pay for. Mine, in the front d30, click and unloads loudly in tight corners on pavement, its been great otherwise, night and day difference offroad, almost makes up for me running stock sized half bald A/Ts :D
That's good to know lockers make THAT much of a difference lol

· Registered
328 Posts
pdcomm said:
Instead , you might think about tossing a big handful of these in the wheel(s) :

I run them in my motorcycle tires and have run them in tires on a Dodge Dakota I use to have . Work great . Never out of balance .

Here's a comparison shot . The BBs on the left are NEW and the silver BBs on the right are what the NEW BBs look like after 20,000 miles in the tire .
I've never heard of this before... wow that's interesting!

· Registered
328 Posts
YoureverydayXJ said:
Thinking about patching my floor hole with a piece of mild steel instead of the stamped replacement sections. The hole isn't too big yet (yet to pull up carpet) so I don't really feel the need to spend $100 on a chunk of floor.

Bad idea?
I don't think so, if you don't need to spend the extra money, don't! That's how I think about my Cherokee.

· Registered
328 Posts
chris87xj said:
With gearing ratio indicating input to output, you can get a pretty good idea by turning a wheel hub one revolution while counting how many turns the driveshaft yoke makes.
For example, 3.5 yoke revolutions to one hub revolution would equate to 3.55/1, or rather 3.55 gears.
This is very handy to know. I'm glad you posted this. :2thumbsup:

· Registered
328 Posts
DezertTJ said:
Got some super strength lifetime warranty ujoints today for the rear driveshaft to elimination some vibes. Install was a pain, and still have vibes. Next is shims
Sounds like something that would happen to me, isn't it great! Lol
Well, on the bright side, at least you have new u joints!

61 - 80 of 93851 Posts