Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4564643 93810
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
93801 - 93811 of 93811 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Used it to move the YJ around while I wait for a clutch master cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
564 Posts
I friend of mine brought me his newly purchased 92 xj to look at because it was making a noise he wanted me to hear. Took it for a test drive to hear it and ended up getting rear ended. We were stopped waiting to turn left and a Lady was probably going 45-50 mph and didn't even let off the gas before she hit us. Axle was pushed foward so far it dented the rear doors and broke the driveshaft. The seats laid back from the impact and wouldn't go back up. The rear seat is now u-shaped from the kid in the back seat. It makes me sad that there is one less XJ on the road. It had 252k miles on it and was still in great shape until the accident. My neck has been pretty tore up since the accident but hopefully nothing permanent. Just glad everyone was ok. Trying to find him another XJ right now.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Ouch! Sad to see another one gone. But glad to hear it did it’s job and kept you guys safe. I’m guessing the car that hit you looks a lot worse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm happy that you were all able to walk away, the XJ is easier to replace/repair than people.
Be careful with your potential injury because an impact like that can have some sneaky effects once the adrenaline wears off.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ouch! Sad to see another one gone. But glad to hear it did it’s job and kept you guys safe. I’m guessing the car that hit you looks a lot worse.

Yeah she was in a mercedes s class. Airbags deployed and radiator was pretty far into the engine bay. Driver behind her said she was driving erratically before she hit us. Probably on her phone if she didn't even hit the brakes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
A month with no posts? Wow, this thread really is dead…

Welded some tube to my rock sliders the other day.

• Love
Reactions: pdcomm

·
Registered
62 Posts
Technically this round of repairs and updates started in late fall, but I am currently wrapping up for the winter. This latest round included:
  1. Transmission filter/fluid replace.
  2. New Oil Pump
  3. Replaced the master cylinder, brake hoses, calipers, wheel cylinders and ran all new brake lines (including the @#&% line along the firewall).
  4. Replaced the radiator.
  5. New water pump, thermostat and thermostat housing.
  6. New front shocks.
  7. Replaced the studs on the rear axle.
  8. Added an oil pressure gauge.
  9. Replaced heater hoses.
  10. Replaced plugs and wires.
Still to do before I wrap up: bench bleed the MC, then the brakes, install a new cap and rotor. I hope to have that done by the beginning of next week. Still more to do, but that will be next summer's project(s).

93801 - 93811 of 93811 Posts