Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
93761 - 93780 of 93786 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Made some more progress last night. :)
All of these little things keep getting in my way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedJeepster1

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wanted to take the dogs for a ride today but forgot I had all my tools and other crap in the back. I have been meaning to make a frame for a while now and this pushed me over the edge.

Spent a couple hours to whip this up from left over supplies from home projects.

I still need to trim the carpet to final dimensions and secure it, but I was losing light and the wife was getting hangry.

Dog tax

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Did something on my own Jeep for once. Simple one. Just modified a TJ mirror to fit the Jeep for when the doors are off. Now I’ll have a little better visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Balancer, radiator, and AC delete (it didn’t work anyway) on the MJ. Did all new brakes last week. It’s actually getting pretty nice to drive.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It was free admission to UpickIt today so i went and got a few little things i needed. While i was there i saw these....
I came back to get them a few hours later and they were gone. :(
There is another superduty waiting to be processed that i want to go back for.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I finally got one off last night without damaging the frame. :)
Now the front stiffeners can get welded on.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Used it on a 1.5 hour round trip to pick up a table and chairs. By far the farthest I’ve driven it. Did the trip without a single issue. Still some more bugs to work out but it’s driving well. Fuel gauge isn’t working but I’m getting 18 mpg combined. Now at least I have an idea of how many miles I can go before needing to fill the tank again.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Used it on a 1.5 hour round trip to pick up a table and chairs. By far the farthest I’ve driven it. Did the trip without a single issue. Still some more bugs to work out but it’s driving well. Fuel gauge isn’t working but I’m getting 18 mpg combined. Now at least I have an idea of how many miles I can go before needing to fill the tank again.

Nice . Maple ?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I remember when I first got my '00 about 9 years ago.
Kinda running and not really driveable.
In the beginning stayed close to home once I got some issues sorted out.
But the more she behaved herself the more I fixed and the farther I would drive her.
Remember when I drove a 360 mile roundtrip to pick up some heated seats.
Ran fine and I averaged just under 22 MPG.
From that point on I stopped worrying.
Driver her anywhere.
But don't think for one second that when I do take longer trips I don't leave the house without a wad of cash.
LOL.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Nice . Maple ?
Not completely sure yet. Probably pine honestly, it’s pretty light weight. It’s an old farm table. Super sturdy though. It’s in pretty decent shape. Top surface isn’t sealed though. Probably going to just sand it and put a coat of poly across it so we can clean it without soaking the chemicals into the wood.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I remember when I first got my '00 about 9 years ago.
Kinda running and not really driveable.
In the beginning stayed close to home once I got some issues sorted out.
But the more she behaved herself the more I fixed and the farther I would drive her.
Remember when I drove a 360 mile roundtrip to pick up some heated seats.
Ran fine and I averaged just under 22 MPG.
From that point on I stopped worrying.
Driver her anywhere.
But don't think for one second that when I do take longer trips I don't leave the house without a wad of cash.
LOL.
Yup, that’s how this is going. I’m feeling much more confident after this trip. Considering the truck sat for over 10 years, it needed a decent amount of work. Now after going through the belt drive, brakes, cooling system, and cleaning the interior, I’m much more inclined to take it farther distances.

My XJ I’d drive anywhere. I’ve had it up to VT and down to PA. It has yet to let me down. Regular maintenance goes a long way. And a handful of tools and cash lol

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yup, that’s how this is going. I’m feeling much more confident after this trip. Considering the truck sat for over 10 years, it needed a decent amount of work. Now after going through the belt drive, brakes, cooling system, and cleaning the interior, I’m much more inclined to take it farther distances.

My XJ I’d drive anywhere. I’ve had it up to VT and down to PA. It has yet to let me down. Regular maintenance goes a long way. And a handful of tools and cash lol

We'd still be driving our XJ if the frame hadn't rotted .
Drove it all over the country . Cheaper to run than these new drive by wire rigs .

And , poly sounds like a good move for that table . ;)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
This one left the garage last night under its own power. First time in 3 years the engine has fired. Almost everything new since last time it drove. New axles, WJ knuckles, steering, track bar, brakes, frame stiffeners, gears, lockers, master cylinder, tons of floor work, fuel cell, long arms, frame cut, bobbed bed, and so much more I have forgotten. We have until Friday to work most of the bugs out. Then it’s off on its first real adventure.

Runs good. Drives great. Exhaust needs some more work. Seat is still a milk crate. Needs a front clip. Should mostly fall together now though.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Looking a little more complete with a front clip on it.

Reactions: Pinoy59

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Had them all lined up on Friday. Well almost all. Had to get a picture while they were all running at the same time lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really annoyed that there is no drain on the diffs so added these. Bonus are the super powerful neodymium magnets in both the drain plug and on the dip stick to catch any errant metal flakes. Since the ARB diff covers are sized to fit in lockers they are much larger than stock. I used at least 6 quarts of 80-90 gear oil to get them to an acceptable level.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Really annoyed that there is no drain on the diffs so added these. Bonus are the super powerful neodymium magnets in both the drain plug and on the dip stick to catch any errant metal flakes. Since the ARB diff covers are sized to fit in lockers they are much larger than stock. I used at least 6 quarts of 80-90 gear oil to get them to an acceptable level.
View attachment 4149245
View attachment 4149244
View attachment 4149243
Those look good, but with most aftermarket diff covers you are still only supposed to fill to the factory level. They usually aren’t actually much bigger. Most lockers fit just fine behind a factory differential cover. Overfilling will likely result in a leaky wheel seal.

93761 - 93780 of 93786 Posts