Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
93701 - 93720 of 93786 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I wondered what was happening. I use Tapatalk. Haven’t been on the actual website in years. But Tapatalk got weird for the last week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Frankly I like the old set up better but it ran like crap on my computer.
This runs much better.
And since another forum I am on changed to this style sometime ago I have vague I idea how to find most things. LOL.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I'm on a few sites with the same owners . They seem to be proactive or at least on a problem without much delay .
If you see the 'take a tour' box in the lower right , hit the button for a quick 'guide' of the new layout . ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jeep came to me with the rear passenger tail light busted.

Figure 2 years is long enough and finally replaced it. $10 from the yard for a near mint OEM vs what a new one would set me back.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Jeep came to me with the rear tail light busted.

Figure 2 years is long enough and finally replaced it. $10 from the yard for a near mint OEM vs what a new one would set me back.
Cool ... But , I wanna know how your front tail lights are doing . ;)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Rebuilt another 60 going into an XJ last night.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got the NP242 in and running last weekend.

Today I figured out how to wire in aftermarket seat warmer pads. Hint: the factory harness plug is under the passenger seat. One wire is constant hot the other is key hot relay trip. Put a breaker in the the proper slot in the junction box and cut off the plug and wire in a relay. At least that's how I did it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I overshot my goal when I lifted it, and as such ended up with some driveshaft vibration. This weekend I got a transfer case drop installed (it's just a beater, not worth spending $ on the SYE).

With a lot of patience and some map gas, I got the 2 crossmember bolts and one nut free, and the other nut was conveniently already missing. One bolt had also been backed out about halfway since I bought it, but was still very much rusted in place.

The studs, however, had no interest in coming out. After several rounds of torching, quenching, and torching again, the vice grips still couldn't turn them out. After several rounds of welding on a nut, waiting for it to cool, and then breaking off the nut, I gave up on removing them. I figured I could just cut them off flush and weld in some 1" square tubing with a welded nut to bolt the crossmember to, but I'd already bought bolts to use traditional spacers and I'm a cheap bastard. I figured I'd try cutting the heads off a couple of the bolts and welding the threads onto the remaining studs to extend them. It seems to have worked out pretty well. At the least, I still have 2 more fasteners actually holding the crossmember than I did before.

After everything was all bolted up, the transfer case shifter was hitting the front of the console opening, forcing it just barely into 4x4. I cut a small notch for relief and everything seems happy. The vibrations are 100% gone.

I'll be taking it winter camping/wheeling in northern Michigan next month, so I've got a bit more prep to do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Knocked out another HP30. Locked, regeared to 4.56 and trussed.

Reactions: un4gvn1 and Pinoy59

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
What size tires will you be running with the 4.56 gears?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
This one will have 33’s at first, 35’s eventually. It isn’t my Jeep, I’m just doing some work on it for the neighbor. The rear 8.8 was already regeared to 4.56 when he picked it up so that made choosing a ratio to go with pretty easy.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This one will have 33’s at first, 35’s eventually. It isn’t my Jeep, I’m just doing some work on it for the neighbor. The rear 8.8 was already regeared to 4.56 when he picked it up so that made choosing a ratio to go with pretty easy.

I have 35's and 4.10's right now. I got 4.10's in my 8.8 so i just matched the front. I would like deeper gears but i don't want to go too low because the pinion on the dana 30 will be pretty tiny. I am thinking 4.56. With 4.56 or lower you have to grind 2 teeth on the ring gear to get the cross pin in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

93701 - 93720 of 93786 Posts