Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
89981 - 90000 of 93756 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
picked up a Taurus fan at the JY today for some extra insurance in Dallas traffic + Dallas summer. figure I'll run 2 40 amp 5 pin relays, the relay off output of the high speed can power the low so they don't try to run at the same time. The low will be a 5 pin just so I only need one type of spare. The 160 amp Durango alt I've got in there should handle the extra load just fine, if it drags at idle I can always swap the XJ pulley onto it to act as a bit of an overdrive compared to the stock Durango one.

I'll trigger the low speed off of a sensor inserted into the upper rad hose like the 5.9 grands use and the high off the factory aux fan. Later on I may add an interrupt switch for both e fans in case of water crossings but at the moment I'm more concerned with DD use case which means zero driver interaction needed is the goal.

Just need to decide what temp low speed should kick on. I was thinking something around 195 to match the thermostat?

well that and if there needs to be a diode to prevent it acting as a generator when the wind spins it on the highway. Seems like that could play merry hell with relays when they open.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I took a 3/8 coupler nut and put it on the end of some all thread then put the nut in a vise and bent the all thread to make a longer J bolt for my 31 inch spare tire. I was able to use the wing nut etc. and get the 31 inch spare in without having to modify the seat or back hatch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I took a 3/8 coupler nut and put it on the end of some all thread then put the nut in a vise and bent the all thread to make a longer J bolt for my 31 inch spare tire. I was able to use the wing nut etc. and get the 31 inch spare in without having to modify the seat or back hatch.
I think you need a little more weight on that spare . LOL

Reactions: NT7B

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,451 Posts
Ended up having to pull a new t case from pick and pull (got it for 60 bucks 1/2 day at the jy) and swapped the the sye into it and got it back into the Jeep. Also tossed my sway bar endlinks holder installed. Now I am looking at it and am tempting to put my 37s off my yj onto it tsk me out of it haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well I found myself a donor to fix the silver Jeep. Donor is another blue 00 XJ with a blown engine... idk why all these blue 00's have blown engines, will be the third one I have bought. This one is very rust free and although the engine is blown, it's a factory 5 speed with the NV3550 trans. Also has almost new 30" tires on it which will go on my gf's new Jeep. So the silver Jeep may be getting a 5 speed swap along with the repairs. Not fully committed to that yet but I am definitely stripping all the parts for the swap out of this Jeep. Since it's the same year, everything is a direct bolt in. It will be a shame to cut up a super clean 00 5 speed, but it's good to a good cause, I swear. Definitely got the wheels turning...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well I picked up a Detroit two days ago. It was disassembled in a box. I was told it has 3.55's on it in a Dana 30 and the gears let go. Got it home and started looking it over. It's actually a high ratio carrier.

You can see here it's next to a high ratio open carrier with a lockrite and 4.88's

And this is next to an open carrier that had 3.55's

So that means I can put my 4.56's on it and it can go in my hp30 which was kind of exciting. This morning I spend some time on the carrier and was able to get it assembled. Kind of a pain with one person. Trying to balance the rod and the locker and not let anything slip out of place while you tighten the but. But it worked out and it's ready to accept a rig gear now! Oh, and the est part? It was free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: chris87xj

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I still cry everytime.

Got it home today. It will be a couple weeks before I totally cut into it anyway. Also got the silver Jeep out for a drive. Fired up better than anything else I own. Shame it's gotta sit for a while.

Reactions: Ben

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Poor , lonely car . Surrounded by XJs . LOL
Yeah... that's my Jetta. The Jeeps accept the Jetta because they know that little car is the only reason they can be worked on for more than a day at a time haha

89981 - 90000 of 93756 Posts