Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
521 - 533 of 93850 Posts

· Banned
2,986 Posts
Didn't do much for the XJ, but I did see that someone "hacked" my account and updated my signature for me.

I didn't think the new signature line was too far off base, and it may have been clever, but I fail to see how a signature that didn't contain explicit content, racist or sexist remarks, or defamatory remarks should be subject to unauthorized modification. People put quotes, opinions, and a variety of content in their signatures.

I feel that this over-reaching by the administration requires justification and would like to see where in the forum policy my former signature violated the policy or failed to meet content standards.

· Banned
2,986 Posts
In Canuckistan it's called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It contains similar content with less stuff about guns and flags.

BiB didn't invent open and honest feedback, and I've provided it here for longer than his "influence" on this board.

Weak content, Social Media, coupled with increased advertising & less features for paid members had nothing to do with the overall traffic on this Forum. It was clearly all the work of a few posters that felt there needed to be an honest effort to use the search feature for common questions hidden amongst the 1,336,697 Threads*, with 15,733,377 Posts*, by 491,764 members*. (*citation-Front Page)

What I really prefer to be doing with my Jeep vs debating principles online:

Attachments

· Banned
2,986 Posts
Ick. Should've talked em down.
That was talked down 500. It only needs a bit of rust repair on the DS door which I'll do this weekend, then it's a driver.

This is Canuckistan where 4WD and relatively rust free clean specimens go for 5k+ all the time.

It also has a second set of wheels with 90% winters, new ball joints, new unit bearings, AC works - new compressor, new PS pump and hoses, and I just had a dude pull out of the driveway with some abortion of a tube bumper that came on it in for $300 back in my pocket.

· Banned
2,986 Posts
Looks like a fair deal to me .

It seems to have a little lift ???
31" Trail Diggers for now, I think it's a V8ZJ coil w. extra stock isolator up front, and a common shackle for the rear. Gonna say ~2". Stock control arms and white body shocks with predictable comfort.

Needs a bit of ride improvement - I'll start with control arms and shocks and toss in a shim for some slight vibes then just drive it.

Told the wife I'd never trail this one..... :shhh:

· Banned
2,986 Posts
It would ride like a log wagon. Look for something of a similar thickness.

I run a Dodge Ram van main under my XJ main, then an S10 main in my bastard pack. They are thinner than a half ton truck leaf and flex very well.

521 - 533 of 93850 Posts