Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4578119 Views 93834 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Devil15
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
40061 - 40080 of 93835 Posts

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Tries to put this diesel air filter in my xj, but I didn't realize there was a catalactic converter inside of it, or something like that. Stepdad explained it to me.
I don't think it's a catalyst, - that goes in the exhaust.
You can probably just pull/ cut it out.

· Banned
15,210 Posts
I will take a picture of it, it looks like it is made in. He also said the filter (because of its size) might no help gain airflow but lose some, I don't know.
Filter size comparison,.,

Kitchen appliance Electrical wiring Gas Machine Electronic device

This thing looks combed. Like a beehive, not sure what it is though

Audio equipment Synthetic rubber Carbon Electronic instrument Font

Took it off and this is what I got...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tea strainer

· Registered
328 Posts
Installed my new rear driveshaft from Rocky Mountain Driveline. Super beefy, My old Tom woods didn't even compare

· Registered
7,086 Posts
Would that and the size of the filter hamper performance
... you aren't going to loose or gain any performance by sticking a giant filter or even a medium size filter in the stock location.

as long as the MAF doesn't restrict flow it won't affect the intake.

the only gains you might see are if you get truly cold air, so it can't come from under the hood. but you really can't get much more out of the 4.slo without port matching, headers, etc etc etc and even then the gains are small.

· Banned
15,210 Posts
Climbit said:
... you aren't going to loose or gain any performance by sticking a giant filter or even a medium size filter in the stock location.

as long as the MAF doesn't restrict flow it won't affect the intake.

the only gains you might see are if you get truly cold air, so it can't come from under the hood. but you really can't get much more out of the 4.slo without port matching, headers, etc etc etc and even then the gains are small.
Understandable, I was just told bout starving the engine if air Or some ****.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
He also said the filter (because of its size) might not help gain airflow but lose some, I don't know.

Took it off and this is what I got...

View attachment 480995

View attachment 480996
Hmmm.....
It looks like a Mass Airflow Sensor - which is, i guess, a lot like the MAP sensor (tells the computer how much air....

Anyway unless you want to try to adapt it to work with your Cherokee computer, you probably should take it out.
As far as 'too big' of air filter - I don't see how that's possible - unless you can't close the hood

· Banned
15,210 Posts
RacerX said:
Hmmm.....
It looks like a Mass Airflow Sensor - which is, i guess, a lot like the MAP sensor (tells the computer how much air....

Anyway unless you want to try to adapt it to work with your Cherokee computer, you probably should take it out.
As far as 'too big' of air filter - I don't see how that's possible - unless you can't close the hood
Thanks man, never messed witha diesel before

· Registered
328 Posts
Day one one the 3.5" lift install.
The rear was already done by this time, we were trying to get the LCAs onto the axle, it was a pain in the a**. The axle was all twisted up and we couldn't get the LCAs to line up with the holes. But we eventually got em. Anyone have a tip for doing that?
Anyways, more pictures to come tomorrow.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Hood

· Registered
4,321 Posts
lk123 said:
My first bike was the 03 cbr 954rr fireblade. I never had an issue, took the class so i could ride legaly. Most ppl i see on bikes mess around and eventually wreck or get tickets...maybe I'm a reasonable driver i guess lol
Have to be to have survived that awesome beast as a noob!!. I starred off by racing on tracks which have me better since on the street. My first bike was a ZX 600 the a vtx 1800 now the mighty zx14.

40061 - 40080 of 93835 Posts