Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
40041 - 40060 of 93835 Posts

· #WannaBeRockBouncer
2,312 Posts
Will do, thanks, how did you put a filter in there?
the filter is in the cowl, i just cut a big hole and found a round tube filter that would fit inside and clamped it to my intake tube that goes through the cowl.

· Registered
2,182 Posts
chriskeenan said:
Not anyone selling off the top of my head. but be careful larger, more serious bikes, they can be a handful if you're just learning how to ride on the street, and more expensive to fix when (its going to happen) you do lay it down. its usually recommended to start with a 250, Honda and Kawasaki both make some nice ones, they're cheap to buy and hold their value well, then sell and upgrade to a larger one once the 250 is mastered.

CL is pretty barren around here right now, lost of large cruisers and a few liter bikes and busas, and some overly customized ugly GSXRs. I got my Ninja 250R off CL of 1000$ with gear last year, 2006, 390 miles, garage kept, needed carb cleaning and valve adjustment, now its running great and getting 60-70mpg.
I have been riding dirt bikes all my life and have been riding street bikes for about 2 years which is the reason for going 600

· Registered
7,086 Posts
I just grabbed something laying around? It's not like I bought it. If I buy anything I'm going with spectre or I'm going to make my own like it.
the rest of the setup is fine... a parts store cone will drop right in there and doesn't cost anything...

the spectre kit is cool, and yes, cowl intake is better, but the filter is way too small and gets clogged easily. most guys I know around here running it have to clean it out every couple hundred road miles or after every trail run.

· Banned
15,210 Posts
Climbit said:
the rest of the setup is fine... a parts store cone will drop right in there and doesn't cost anything...

the spectre kit is cool, and yes, cowl intake is better, but the filter is way too small and gets clogged easily. most guys I know around here running it have to clean it out every couple hundred road miles or after every trail run.
By parts store you mean advanced, napa, orieleys etc? I might get one on the way home tomorrow.

· Registered
593 Posts
I found some local mud trails and gave it a mud bath.

I also found out that I either need longer bumpstops or more lift. The swaybar link punched right through the sheet metal when I dropped into a rut that was pretty deep.

I'm thinking more lift... But then I would still need longer bumpstops... So that settles it, more lift and longer bumpstops in the near future. :D

· Registered
1,365 Posts
my mt90 came in this morning...that was fast as hell for normal shipping. thanks summit

· Registered
1,030 Posts

· Registered
1,030 Posts
:shhh: I just turned down a date and going to a dance to work on my XJ
My name Is Luke My addiction Jeep XJ's.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery

LOL

40041 - 40060 of 93835 Posts