·
#WannaBeRockBouncer
2,312 Posts
put a d35 locker in a d30 carrier...

then into my jeep

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
Hosed my shackle bolts and a bunch of the front end bolts down with a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF for my lift in the morning. Also picked up a 2x6 weld in hitch receiver for my rear bumper. Going to get some progress done on that after the lift tomorrow. Enough to get it where it mostly complete. I won't have a drill so I can't weld in the nuts for the mounts, but I can get the mounts in the 2x5, the ends capped, and the plate/angle iron cut for the spindle and latch to mount to.

I don't want to screw with taking my entire bumper and tire carrier off every time I need to change light bulbs so I'm going to tap through some 1/4" angle iron and plate and the 2x5 so I've got 1/2" of steel to bolt the tire carrier to so it's removable by itself as will be the angle iron where the t-handle will thread into.

Sorta debating going to the local metal supplier and picking up some scrap to fab up some shackle relocation brackets since I have up country coils laying around, but I really don't feel like messing with new shocks. Really can't afford them anyway, plus mine are basically brand new and only have about 1500 miles on em.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
By reasonable I want to get up to 80-85 pretty good and have enough balls to get me to school and work fast, I dont need a ton of speed. I want good on gas good on insurance and good on speed but It doesnt have to be insane!
Gee , you don't ask for much , do you ? ;)

Buy an enduro . I built my '89 Yamaha XT350 . Absolutely love it . I ride about 60% road and 40% off . It'll do 80 all day and it can get you there quick enough for a ticket , not to mention it can get you through stuff you wouldn't want to try otherwise . It's a riot off road and gravel roads are like a freeway . I get about 60 MPG . Insurance is cheap .

It takes about a minute to remove the trunk , but I usually leave it on .

I think some of the later model 250s are very interesting . Like has been said , they really are all you need , unless you're doing a lot of touring .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Started grinding and installing a bosch 120amp alternator under the hood.

·
#WannaBeRockBouncer
2,312 Posts

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Luke95 said:
By reasonable I want to get up to 80-85 pretty good and have enough balls to get me to school and work fast, I dont need a ton of speed. I want good on gas good on insurance and good on speed but It doesnt have to be insane!
My Honda Shadow was a great bike. More than fast enough to kill yourself if you're dumb, but fun and easy riding. 55-65 Mpg no matter how I rode it. Plus the v-twins are proven reliable and low maintenance.

·
#WannaBeRockBouncer
2,312 Posts
Full width d44/f350 housing: Direct bolt in

Solid Diff Cover

rubicon express h.d track bar

reid racing knuckles

high steer arms

alloy usa chromolly axle shafts

upgraded u-joints

eaton e-locker - push button locker

5.13 ring and pinion

rock crusher flanges

stage 8 x-lock hub locks

xj axle brackets

steering

Full 3 link y long arms

MY PRECIOUSSSSSSsS
hey you....you found my axle...

give it back!

:laugh:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Full width d44/f350 housing: Direct bolt in

Solid Diff Cover

rubicon express h.d track bar

reid racing knuckles

high steer arms

alloy usa chromolly axle shafts

upgraded u-joints

eaton e-locker - push button locker

5.13 ring and pinion

rock crusher flanges

stage 8 x-lock hub locks

xj axle brackets

steering

Full 3 link y long arms

MY PRECIOUSSSSSSsS

·
#WannaBeRockBouncer
2,312 Posts
What is the name of the specter intakes? I was trying to make a custom one, so I can take that air box out. But I'm not sure what to search for..
Also found motivation to save for my bumper&hoop, photoshop is great, :tea:
just searching XJ Spectre intake should find it.

i made one like it a little bit ago.

40021 - 40040 of 93811 Posts