Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4603599 Views 93883 Replies 2570 Participants Last post by  RedJeepster1
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: 1
39901 - 39920 of 93884 Posts
Climbit said:
realized I rolled it over 200K without knowing :eek:

actually since I never corrected the speedo with 4.56s and 33"s its probably closer to 190...

I also replaced the TPS and cleaned the throttle body... its still taking too long to start...not sure why.
Every time I hear someone complain of long crank I'm suspicious of fuel issues. I'm not sure if the XJ has a filter on pump style, but I've seen TJs with that issue.
YoureverydayXJ said:
Every time I hear someone complain of long crank I'm suspicious of fuel issues. I'm not sure if the XJ has a filter on pump style, but I've seen TJs with that issue.
I poured that sea foam in my gas and any problems with starting I had we're gone
decided i would throw the solid diff cover i had laying around on. Too bad itll be short lived as the 8.25 is gonna be gone in a few weeks for a 6 lug 44 :shhh:

Attachments

See less See more
Cut out, welded in a new piece of dr side rocker. Fighting the good fight in the never ending battle of rust removal............

Attachments

See less See more
I need some opinions on gear I want to run 4:56s but 4:88s would be awesome. Whats the downfall on 4:88s? My jeep is my DD
Joshharris98xj said:
I need some opinions on gear I want to run 4:56s but 4:88s would be awesome. Whats the downfall on 4:88s? My jeep is my DD
Say goodbye to gas mileage.
Joshharris98xj said:
for what tire?
Say goodbye to gas mileage.
proper gearing improves gas mileage
Also helps with stupid 4wd problems like my axle swap from a pioneer. Front axle is geared way stupid compared to the rear.
how are zone lifts? I am looking at a 4.5 kit.:rtft:
SFRautomotive said:
Not on huge tires. You'll be revving like a ricer with gears like that.
Joshharris98xj said:
4:88 on 35s is awesome any smaller tire would be too much gear. At 70 mph I'm turning 2,500 rpm with 35s and the aw4.
truth, and might as well add power and performance there too.
decided i would throw the solid diff cover i had laying around on. Too bad itll be short lived as the 8.25 is gonna be gone in a few weeks for a 6 lug 44 :shhh:
Send me a PM when you yank it and I'll possibly grab that cover off you then.

Since it was just 'layin' around'
SFRautomotive said:
for what tire?
A 33, I just want some power to the wheels really, someone just pointed me in the 488 direction
Send me a PM when you yank it and I'll possibly grab that cover off you then.

Since it was just 'layin' around'
Its been just laying around for about 4 months. :rofl: i was reluctant to put it on cuz the spiders in the 8.25 are junk but im gonna run it till it grenades or i get the 44 in.. which ever is first. And i will do that prob lookin at about a monthgive or take:thumbsup:
Luke95 said:
how are zone lifts? I am looking at a 4.5 kit.:rtft:
I was wondering the same thing...

Sent from my Flux capacitor using JeepForum
key word being proper.

A 33, I just want some power to the wheels really, someone just pointed me in the 488 direction
for an XJ with an aw-4 and 33"s, 4.88 is too deep of a gear. stay with 4.56s.
39901 - 39920 of 93884 Posts