Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4576685 Views 93830 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Ralph77
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
39581 - 39600 of 93831 Posts

· Registered
6,214 Posts
Replaced the rear brake line I sheared off at Kids in the Mudd park today. Had a blast, good bunch of guys that came out. Someone hooked me up with some vice grips and zip ties to crimp the rear main line and limp home. Lucked out and missed everything but the line. Stopped about 2" short of blasting through the gas tank. I really should have a skid on that..

I only got to stay for about an hour and a half before wrecking it up. Got into some tight spots, and rough stuff but sustained no body damage. If you're ever in the area I would recommend this park for sure! I only took one picture, and it was not in the park.

Plant Sky Automotive navigation system Vehicle Car

XJ in TJ/YJ land.

· #WannaBeRockBouncer
2,312 Posts
Went wheeling at an obstacle course as kind of a shakedown run.
Got to test out the sliders and winch( recovered a few stuck jeeps). Both worked great!

But, blew up my radiator (factory unit)
Busted out another taillight
And bent my DOM tie rod slightly.

Otherwise jeep did great!

· Registered
12,437 Posts
Went wheeling at an obstacle course as kind of a shakedown run.
Got to test out the sliders and winch( recovered a few stuck jeeps). Both worked great!

But, blew up my radiator (factory unit)
Busted out another taillight
And bent my DOM tie rod slightly.

Otherwise jeep did great!
I heard you were the only one to break stuff there.

· #WannaBeRockBouncer
2,312 Posts
alexrule123 said:
I heard you were the only one to break stuff there.
Lol. Tell that to your drivetrain

· Registered
6,214 Posts
I'm pretty proud of the pull point I fabbed last night. Used it once on a gentle, but very lateral recovery with no problem. Haha, my chassis was so twisted the left rear was off the ground and I couldn't get my hatch open to get the strap out. I don't know why I don't take pictures.

· Registered
17,175 Posts
I know that **** isn't clean in there, saw quite a bit of carbon on the cylinders when I pulled the head.
Mine didn't smoke either at first. I had to dump a little in the throttle body, then turn it on and rev it a bit then smoke came dumping out. Did that 3 times and there wasn't much on the second time, nothing the third. Used maybe a 1/3 of the can through the throttle body.

· Banned
2,986 Posts
Went wheelin wit some guys off here. Got stuck. stupid at's and a bad line i was trying to stay out of but had a good time and didnt break. Had a smoke show thinkin my rms is close to shot
You really have no business going into mud like that with tires like that:nono:

It's an invitation for a recovery party.

It's good to be out. I'm taking this and likely next week off then probably pounding a trail run out on the weekend of the 29th

39581 - 39600 of 93831 Posts