Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4578161 Views 93834 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Devil15
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
1 - 20 of 1550 Posts

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its finals for me today and tomorrow and then schools out..finally.

anywho, drove the xj to school and back because ive got a 3 hour lunch right now due to 2nd hour study hall and then im going to taco bell with some friends and then go back to school for 3 more hours. im still trying to decide on 3" or 4" of lift..also made up a list of mods to buy and do over the summer.

picture of the cut bumper

luck for ya oldmanriver, let us know how it goes..and be sure to include pictures

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not to much done since between my last posts, i was at school the whole time. :)

got a ms paint drawing done of what my exhaust will look like (picture is from underneath so it will be coming out the passengers side)

friday, if its nice, the rockers and fenders will get herc'd..picture of what its like now

yes i did hit a mud hole with a mud puddle with the doors off :)

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tried to decide whether I want to leave the plastic trim on the sides or not...

I want it gone!
hell yeah dude...right now i think it looks better, but to plain. a custom two tone using herculiner oughta fix that. :)

prosonic, i should change those on mine too..let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gonna fill up a full tank today and take not of the milage and when i run dry, ill figure out what my average mpg is..dont know if i even want to know..haha

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
MBJR9, hows it going? i see youre in mn..ive got a link in my sig to an mn jeepers thread if you want to see whos around in this perfect weather state. :) yeah my jeep got washed too..freakin floods everywhere at work pouring rain making it impossible to seee beyond 50ft infront of you.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I ripped the side trim off my driver's side a few days ago, passenger side might be this evening. It looks decent, I just need to wash off all the dirt that was under it. Looks like I need to actually wash the Jeep so I can herculine the rockers eventually.
same here..looks way to plain with just the trim ripped off..

MBJR9 - theres an event you can sign up for in the thread in my sig but not many "legal" spots around here. there is a spot in prior lake thats a bunch of land that is legal..just trails and a waterhole..nothing to exciting.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
i dont know..i havent been there but my friends went there and said it was good. im going to have to go soon since im out of school now too. :2thumbsup:

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
will do man. one of my friends that went was redhatman (member on here) and he doesnt know how to get back there but ive got another friend that knows how. he said its pretty mild. but you will be just sitting there on the side of the trail talking to your friend and a lifted chevy with boggers will just come flying past and go through a mud hole so its not like an unknown area. i dont know who owns it but alot of people go there so i think its legal. theres a few trails by an overpass under 35W in burnsville off blackdog road, but i dont think thats legal. but i was on that trail and a cop was watching us the whole time and never did anything..

ill let you know when i find out where it is though.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Got my C 4X4 Tow hooks installed today. Went pretty smooth, other than it was humid as a mofo today.
tell me about it..today was my day off but work called me and said they desperatley needed people. so i went in and pushing carts for one hour really made ya tired with the humidity. i almost passed out at one point..but i was really over-doing it. 50 carts at once in that humidity was a stupid idea. :p

for me, ive started looking into snorkels and ill be herc'ing stuff thursday

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
bought a can of herculiner, a cutting wheel for my angle grinder, some sand paper, a sheet of 16 gauge steel and a paint brush..all for my day off thursday which i will spend with my jeep :)

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
yep, my mom will be at work so ill be in the garage. and dont even worry about me getting pictures..im the only one who has posted pics in this thread so far! :)

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
i just rolled the trim off mine with my thumb..got it done on the drivers side but ended up with a giant blister that hurt like hell for a week.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Sounds like a piece of cake compared to the adhesive left behind by those friggen red stripe mouldings. It took me over 6hrs with adhesive remover, scrapers, a hair dryer, and anything else I could think of.
oh dont worry, ive still got the passengers side still yet. more thumb hurting tomorrow..

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Took off door molding and painted, replaced that. Took of rear end caps, painted them, now i can't get them back on.
line up the lip on the top of the end cap with the back edge on the mount. they slide on. just give it a few taps and it should slide on.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I got tired of working around the subs in the trunk so i made a shelf....

With the addition of the shelf i had no room for my fishing pole so i shoved a hook (off a bingee cord) in the window trim.

sorry for no click free
anti-clickage

looks good

webdog, did the tranny go due to the crash? that sucks, but the other persons insurance is covering it right?

as for me

got the rockers, bottom of the doors and fenders herculined along with a little spot on both the rear quarters.

had some left over so i finished off the hitch

i got the garage tonight too :2thumbsup:

ill get better pictures tomorrow but it turned out way better than i thought. also found some rust holes which my friend said he would help me fix.

also, ordered a surco roof rack and gutter mounts off summit. a thanks goes out to millhousenator for helping me find the rack and mounts for a good price. :cheers:

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
thanks, i do too. :)

how much did that system set you back? ive been looking to get one for mine. all of us with xjs know we use the stereo to cover up those weird noises our rigs make but my system isnt really cutting it. i cant even have the bass more than halfway up without the sound getting distorted.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
my real name is grant and my system sucks pretty bad. the exhaust covers up most of the noises and i can listen to my music without alot of bass and it works but id still like to get a good system for when i just feel like listening to music. as for the body work, i was thinking about just using body filler but i might just cut out the dead spot and have my friend weld in a piece of steel. its out of sight so it doesnt have to look pretty and then i can get all the mud out of the hole. we'll see.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
nope, no aftermarket deck. my friend (redhatman) has a wire feed that he used to do body work on his jeep. the hole in my jeep is in the passenger side wheel well. about the size of a golf ball. shouldnt be hard to rig something up.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
sounds good, thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

i might do the same on the passengers rear..it was bubbling and i just herculined over it. oh well, i have to do a 2nd coat of herc later anyways just to make it all good.

as for more day pics

more in my cherokee thread (link in my sig)

1 - 20 of 1550 Posts