Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4578133 Views 93834 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Devil15
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
1 - 20 of 412 Posts

· Registered
12,437 Posts
Well replaced the rear wheel bearings and ran into a little snag.:eek:

luckily i was able to get the broken off piece out fairly easily. Anyone ever had that happen before?
Wow, I would have just given up at that point :laugh:

· Registered
12,437 Posts

· Registered
12,437 Posts
You still use the bottle jack that came with it? I had a floor jack with my old car. When I got the Jeep, I had to make a riser out of 2 x 4's pieces so I could use it. I have maybe 30 dollars into my set up and that included a 4 way and wheel chocks. No way I would use that stupid bottle jack that came with Jeeps.
It was all I had in the XJ, trust me I was not thrilled...

that cant be good on your drivetrain can it? not bashing but on my wj when i took it back i had 3 matching and one smaller. and it poped and snaged every few feet.
maybe put the spare on front and put the matching size tire on the drive axle? idk, im a noob ive always had matching spares? so idk, just a thought
I am open front and rear so it does not bind up when driving in 2wd.

· Registered
12,437 Posts
And there is so many 1 of a kind Cherokees with custom one off 3.5 or 4.5" lifts. Custom made tires, etc. These Cherokees modded HEAVILY are a dime a dozen. no thief is browsing forums to track down cars. The odds of finding one near that was worth taking is slim to none. better luck staking out the local 4wp etc. come one you guys are way to uptight. better get lifelock as well. :rolleyes:
Some people have quite a bit of expensive electronics inside that would be easy to steal.

· Registered
12,437 Posts
now go get her muddy
lol, usually how this goes is I clean it and within 3 hours it ends up getting muddy :laugh:

edit: if you check my build thread you can see she likes to get dirty but I like to clean her up every so often.

· Registered
12,437 Posts
If your XJ is a '98 then the chrome grill was added. Chrome grill was only an option on the 00-01 models. I've never seen a '99 and older Limited without leather, are you sure your's is a limited? Interestingly enough many of the 00-01 Limiteds did NOT have leather.
My '01 limited did not come with leather seats :(

· Registered
12,437 Posts
1 - 20 of 412 Posts