Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1301 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Swapped in a new transfer case last week after I blew mine up. Changed the oil today. 324000 miles and running strong! Rocker panels coming soon.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Managed to stuff 33's under my xj with only 1.5" of lift. Had to do some extra trimming from what was already done. But no rubbing in normal street driving or bombing around in the field behind my house.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Fixed my upper radiator hose yesterday as my Jeep decided it was a good idea to puke coolant all over my buddy's driveway. Quick trip to Napa and she is running like a top again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
S8NNG8 said:
Nice rig bud! I guess this 2tone idea I had is spreading like wildfire. I should be done it when I thought of it.
Thanks! I did mine in plastidip because I wasn't sure how I was going to like it. It came out pretty good though and I think I am going to leave it this way. Now I just have to figure out where I want my final ride height and do my bump stops. Currently sitting at 1.5" and 33's.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Part of the reason I did mine was to cover up the imperfections in the paint. After 330k miles, there's a fair number of chips and imperfections. The plastidip does a good job of covering those up. And if I ever want to go back, I can just peel it back off.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
S8NNG8 said:
I guess it seems stupid that I'm concerned about going to 32's at 3"f/3.5"r
I had to do a lot of trimming and test fitting to make them work. On flat ground they have no rubbing lock to lock. Off camber they are good if I don't have to turn the wheel too far. If I do they hit the inter fender though. My clearance issues are now with the inner fenders, not with trimming the outside. If I want to make it more usable, I'll have to raise it another inch or so. For now this is my DD though so it doesn't matter too much. It still bombs down back roads and turns around in the parking lot just fine with this combination.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
DirtyJeepGuy said:
In the next day or so I'll probably do the 200 mile one way trip for these. 33x12.50 duratracs on some brass knuckle beadlocks. To replace my boggers and biohazard beadlocks.
Same tires I had on my wrangler and now have on my Cherokee. Great tires. No complaints so far!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
DirtyJeepGuy said:
Flowmaster is welded back on. Stronger then before.
How's the gas mileage with the tire up there? I had a 31 on my roof for about 6 hours and couldn't do it anymore. Gas mileage dropped and the noise was awful.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
newtomezj said:
Where'd you find that Lund visor? I found one off of a Ranger and I'm trying to make it fit but I'm not sure how yet.
Lund visor? You mean the rain guards? They were on my Jeep when I got it. Jeep came from Florida so I assume the previous owner just wanted to be able to leave the windows open in the Florida heat.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Nothing like the trackbar bracket coming off the uniframe as I drive down the road. Now to walk 10 miles or so home.
That is just your Jeep's way of keeping you young and alert!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I'm PRETTY sure they're m10x1.5x25mm. Like...85% sure.
That sounds right, I replaced mine with a 3/8" bolt and it fit right through. m10 is just a hair larger than 3/8.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Well that's for the axle side bolt, not the bracket, sorry. A lot of upgraded track bars use 1/2" bolt on the axle side. Not sure what the frame side is. I am only lifted 1.5" even though I am on 33's, so my trackbar is stock. 330k miles and no trouble. Spent most of its life on the highway though with the PO.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
What's the advantage other then making room in your engine compartment? Or is that the advantage?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Makes sense. Ive read all of those reasons before, just not thinking this afternoon. Still kind of in a food coma from lunch. BBQ place was on point today. Tomorrow is my last day at work before I go back to school so we went out and it went on the company card. Doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Lower hitch you say? This was on this rig when I got it. It's now removed and sent to a scrap yard.
Not sure why everyone's Reese hitches are so low. Mine is tucked up pretty well. And it only cost me $50. Already paid for itself and I've only had it a month.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
That would be why, mine is xj specific. Or at least that's what I was told, and it fits like it was meant to be there. I bought it off some other kid who had it sitting in the back of his truck. Looked like it had been there quite a while.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I dipped the bottom half of my Jeep and currently my fuel door is black. Haven't decided if I like it with the dip on or off the fuel door.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Put on the HD offroad no lift shackle relocation. Definitely helped ride and (based on taking it off the stands) even droop a little while still running stock shackles.

The installs a pain in the *** and the very last one of the JCR nut strip nuts I straightened down didn't hold and spun. I'll update the build thread at some point with them. So now the exhaust heat shield and hangar aren't on properly and I can't just take it off and send it back because it's holding up my shackles. Lovely.
Make your own from some 3/8 flat stock. Cheaper and it can't spin on you.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
bluejunior said:
Can't weld a nut to it. I did it before with flat chunks of plate and just ran it up with an impact, which worked fine, but I don't have access to an impact now...
The reason you use a thicker piece of flat stock is so that you can just drill and tap it. I did it specifically because I don't have a welder.

1 - 20 of 1301 Posts