Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4578196 Views 93834 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Devil15
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
1 - 20 of 2308 Posts

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Fought tooth and nail with door pins on my '92. Still not done! More busted knuckles and burnt hands to come after work tonight. Trying to fix a saggy door and put in quick pins for easy take off. But the old pins are not going down without a fight! Bring it on!

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Joshharris98xj said:
I'm in the process of drilling mine out for 0 sag and welding them to the top of the hedge like I has the 5/16 ones, pretty excited haha the little things that makes me ecstatic
I know the feeling it's all about the small stuff. I'm drilling mine out to 3/8" and think i'm going to cut the bottom part and weld the top to the new pin. Depends on how hard the rest put up a fight. If they come out easy ill just use them as quick pins but if they fight like the first one did they are getting cut.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Joshharris98xj said:
I cut the pins and the bottom of the hedge off welded the pins I'n place and it works awesome! Like you said the 3/8 will keep the sagging away so I'm doing it, Now I just have to get the zj quick disconnects for between the door and the keep the wires are a mess I'n the post 97 electric everything. If you get yours done before me post pics it's a race....GO! Ha
I've got power nothing and took the speaker out of the door and put under the dash. So no problems there. But the problem is finding time to work on it. And the weather has not been the best here so far this week. But I'll post some pics when I'm done.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Joshharris98xj said:
They I'n fact do NOT blind people and it apparently I'm a ricer oooooo black why don't you go put some more things on your pretty jeep you will never use :) no offense intended your a cool guy

That is an awesome idea I think I could mount the speakers under the dash and I have seen a guy move the electric components to the dash so they can still be controlled, do you have any pics? Looks like I have a new project on my hands :)
No but I'll take some tonight.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Back_In_Black said:
well duh.

broke my dash trying to take it off to get to the gauge cluster yesterday, I was being so gentle too.

anyone know where I can get a new one, BESIDES THE JY!

our JYs here don't have many 97 up XJ's
I'll take it as a complement lol and i have a spare xj dash. Whats your location?

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Back_In_Black said:
pensacola fl, is it the dark grey/black color dash?
Very dark gray. Not sure what year though. I can take some pics for you but it may be a day or two before I get out to my folks where I have it stored in one of our barns. And I don't think it would cost to much to ship it from Somerset Ky.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Joshharris98xj said:
That's pretty awesome what exactly did you zip tie them to?
Anything solid I could find. Lol don't really remember. And just got my hinges off and drilled out to 3/8" pin. And replaced those damn trx head bolts with some stainless hex that I can get a ratchet wrench on. Oh and had the idea to pick up more of the door side hinge out of the JY and make some half doors out of square tube to weld them to. That way I can just unpinned the doors and pin the half doors on.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
jeepkid03 said:
That is awesome. If only I took the time to do that then I would take my doors off, haha.

I think its interesting how a few companies make tube doors for the XJ, yet none sell kits that make removing the doors easier. I know lots of people who like the idea of removing the doors yet don't want to hack the hinges for fear of the doors sagging afterward.
Thank you. And agreed. There is a huge lack of support for this mod. Well worth it though.

1 - 20 of 2308 Posts