Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 262 Posts

· Registered
9,241 Posts
Got the plugs, oil and filter swapped out. Replaced all the signal, reverse, brake lights that were out in prep for inspection to get it liscenced.

Jerk off at the shop I took it to wouldn't pass it cause the bumpers were over 22 inches. Gotta be kidding me! It doesn't sit nearly as high as some of the other rigs rollin around!

· Registered
9,241 Posts
Oregon187 said:
I'm not sure I would buy a head from Autozone, it's affordable for a reason, hopefully it will work out for you though.
What's the difference between a head from Autozone and a 0331 from the factory? Looked like he got a pretty good deal on his purchase to me. Maybe it's not the best money can buy - but it'll prob get the job done. Just sayin.........

· Registered
9,241 Posts
Spokes said:
i washed under the hood of my jeep 2 weeks ago. took me 2 days to get it to run right, rough idle. popping, stalling, no throttle responce. i honestly thought i blew it up. i sprayed every connector under the hood with WD40 about 3 times and let them all dry for about an hour. jeep ran like new. turns out the PCU connector got wet cause its cracked so it doesnt seal right. that was y my jeep ran like poo... might not be your problem, but it could be something that simple
When I bought mine I brought it home and cleaned it inside and out - including the engine bay. I ended up having to replace my MAP sensor after tracking down the random stalling and rough idle. The old MAP sensor had a crack in it that allowed degreaser/water in.

· Registered
9,241 Posts
rugsucka said:
Looks very nice - good time to address the inside of the wheel well too.

What's your plan for the rocker rot? Side exhaust?:rofl:
Thank you, sir!

I plan to cut the rockers out and weld in some 2x4 or 2x6 box steel and weld in a couple hangers. I got a TnT belly pan to install but I'm really thinkin the TnT unibody stiffeners are in the near future. I figure Ima do all that at the same time.

1 - 19 of 262 Posts