Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4576648 Views 93830 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Ralph77
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
1 - 20 of 1369 Posts

· Registered
2,182 Posts
I bed lines everything too it looks great but make sure you sand it good and I used herculiner from an auto-parts store I think it looks better than my last rhino job good luck oh and how do you clean your seats? And take off the auto shifter nob??

· Registered
2,182 Posts
Dead_End said:
it's been painted since I took the picture.

I couldn't find a set of fenders for anything less than $300 so instead I bought a $20 can of body filler and curved the tops on the fenders to match the header panel. I have enough paint left over to do another XJ, so bring it! lol.

I still have to do something with that windshield trim. I just dont feel like using a **** load of masking tape just for that though.

paint came from Sherman Williams Automotive
I used my stock ones and drilled holes and bolted them on hitchhiker them it looks nice but good job

· Registered
2,182 Posts
Took 4 hours trying to find the "speaker problem" finally found it after taking everything apart and putting back together works awesome

Attachments

· Registered
2,182 Posts
bldeagle10 said:
misfire. its kind of a pain in the *** to figure out why its misfiring. its not the cap rotor or spark plugs or wires. my guess is that the exhaust leak that is at the header is causing it. my theory is that the hole lets out so much exhaust that the o2 sensor reads that the motor is running lean so the ecu tries to counter act this by dumping to much fuel and it runs way to rich causing the misfire. it makes sense cause my exhaust fumes do smell very rich....
That would make sense just look for the leak? You should be able to here it if it's in the header

· Registered
2,182 Posts
shortbus-xj said:
OK OK im not going to lie the way she sits is the way i bought her. Only thing i have done so far is have my old man paint her didnt like the white. I know its better to build then buy but im in Afghanistan right now and couldnt pass her up for 4000. And as far as the front leaf springs she's sitting on dana 60's much easier to build leaf mounts then build coil mounts. I know some of you might look down there nose cause i bought her and didnt build her but you know what im cool with that. HATERS :thumbdown: haha next up for her is solid diff covers, new warn lockouts, mount the winch and build a stinger. i will be home in July for leave and making a trip to Slade KY. and you know i will post wheelin pics . thanks everyone for asking about her.

And i can do a build thead, but it will be in July when im home. i will go from the day she came home to the way she sits when im home in July
How much did your paintjob cost?

1 - 20 of 1369 Posts