Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Its done!

Before

After

Just have to get it aligned after work and shes ready to drive:D

Found some rust underneath the rear bumper caps but I think we're going to do the cut and fold back there which will get rid of all of it. And then finish off the black trim along the rockers and wheel wells.

Again, does anyone have the slightest guess as to what backspacing these rims are? Or maybe even what brand they are? We just picked them up off craigslist so I have no clue

TIA!

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info guys! Ill try to get an exact measurement later on. After some googling, I found that yes they are stock Jeep wheel but atleast theyre 15x8. And I was referring to backspacing, offset is the lingo of the ricers around here lol Sitting level they dont rub any where lock to lock but I have a feeling they will a little bit when stuffed so Ill have to persuade her to pick up some spacers soon

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Took my GF and her XJ for their maiden voyage

They did quite well. Defiently going to need bump stops for the cherokee though. We'll figure that out after the coil spacers and shackles

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I read somewhere that 3 - 4 hockey pucks up front and either 2"x2" box steel with the rear bump stop attached will keep the tires out of the body during flex. Not sure if that's true, but it's a cheap start.
Yeap, thats exactly what we're going to do after the coil spacers and shackles go on. Probably start off with 2 pucks and go from there:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Must be the rust hole behind the wheels. Been meaning to do a cut and fold to get rid of it. I was just hoping it wasnt the vent behind the window since it looks like it came from above

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Picked up a Lund visor for the 2 door! Bypassed the window lock, relocated the vacuum ball and welded a bolt to the stripped tcase fill plug.

Still trying to figure out why the heat isnt coming out that hot

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I'll pay you twice what you paid for it! Maybe, what'd it cost ya?
Ill gladly take $300 for it:D

Where did you put the vacuum ball?

I had really poor heat in my ZJ, I flushed it and back flushed it with the garden hose and a adapter until clear. Here it is where opinions vary, I used white vinegar, some people use CLR, CLR does work better, some times too well. After letting the vinegar set for an hour, I re-flushed it. An incredible amount of crud came out!

Heat is much better, not perfect. I will have to do the blend door/ heater core/ AC coil replacement at some point.
I put it between the battery and PDC. Seemed like a nice little vacant area for it to sit. I was hoping that would fix the heat issue but its still barely warm. Both hoses from the heater core are hot so I was thinking it had to be the blend door

· Premium Member
5,100 Posts
It was pretty nice out this weekend so we got a chance to do the oil change and install the hood pins. Was a little more of a PITA than anticipated but not too bad
https://flic.kr/p/12744607195 Forgot to take a picture when I was done but heres one when I got home and it was dark
https://flic.kr/p/12744582265 Also, if you look closely you can see where she tore up the passenger tire from last weekends outing.
https://flic.kr/p/12661197935 It was right after a storm and we were breaking trail so everybody got stuck a few times. I actually broke my driver side motor mount so I ordered motor mounts, transmission mount and torque arm mount. Once thats in, I can "finish" up the to do list on the XJ

1 - 20 of 99 Posts