Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4578172 Views 93834 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Devil15
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
1 - 20 of 411 Posts

· Registered
3,210 Posts
did you bend the tube yourself?
No the tubing was bent at work but it could probably be done with a heavy plate thats clamped or welded down with two "lugs" welded to it and a torch for some heat. It is going to be powdercoated in the next couple of weeks but for now it is rustoleum hammered black. :thumbsup:

· Registered
3,210 Posts
Welded up my track bar bracket due to it moving around like crazy even with the two bolts holding it.

Mine is making a sort of clunk/sliding noise at times what were the symptoms or sounds your trac bar was makin? im tryin to determin if this is also my problem even tho everything is torqued down properly.

· Registered
3,210 Posts
Started to cut and fold lower rear quarters but have to weld a small plate in due to a little rust but should finish up the passenger side tomorrow.

· Registered
3,210 Posts
Bought some new tin snips and a new jig saw. Things are gonna get cut in the next few days.
Haha i know that feelin i just started to cut out my front fenders to install my tj flares there will be a write up on how it was done i did it so that the flare would not have to be modified and look like its from the factory. Made a few relife cuts and certain trimmed spots and you can barely tell there off a tj.

· Registered
3,210 Posts
pics of the cut and fold?
this is only one side i worked till it was dark n i couldnt get a good pic even with my spot light on it so ill grab on tomorrow but that is a pic of my new hatch as well that i scored for nothin and rust free. also the sides are gonna be recieving the bed liner treatment as soon as $ allows. And on the cut and fold dont think about it just do it i love it and if you have an older xj its definetly worth it cuz all that rust that you think isnt their can mostly be cut away. Mine is a 98 and there was enough rust their that i was instantly glad i did it.

Attachments

· Registered
3,210 Posts
It looks great. Mines a 99 and it has terrible rust on the quarters which is why I have plans to do this. I'm not afraid to do it just have to find the time.
yeah i was just sayin cuz a lot of people i talk to get nervous about puttin their jeep under the knife i dont really think about it i just go chop and then if i dont like it make it into somethin else. :welder:

· Registered
3,210 Posts
welding up my bumper and hopefully getting my shocks back on today if i feel up to it i might just mount the bumper too haha

· Registered
3,210 Posts
fixed my horrible gas leak. lost about 3/8 tank due to a bad connection on top of the tank what the ****. but at least it was a cheap fix 20 bucks

1 - 20 of 411 Posts