Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4578161 Views 93834 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Devil15
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
1 - 20 of 347 Posts

· Registered
1,977 Posts
oh yeahhh found this! its right next door to my college(right side of picture)

Red= stuff I have gone down.
Yellow= Un-explored.
Dude, that's freaking sweet:drool:. My college is in a city's downtown area. I'm jealous

· Registered
1,977 Posts

· Registered
1,977 Posts
Looked at it through the window, thought it looked lonely just sitting there so I brought a book out and sat and read in it for about an hour and a half

· Registered
1,977 Posts
Got my new decals on today:2thumbsup:

I only had the one original faded blue sport sticker on the passenger side so I got new green ones custom

I also got OFF ROAD RECOVERY TEAM made up because I saw someone on here with one like that and I just really liked it.

Oh, I also drove it to school and back earlier

· Registered
1,977 Posts
does anyone know if a pre 97 hood will fit a 97-01!
My mom has an '89 and I have a '98 and the hoods looked the same to me when I just went out to look, so I'm gonna go with yes.

· Registered
1,977 Posts
wanna try a hood swap for me?

its super easy!
I would but my mom just left so I wouldn't be able to do it tonight. That is if she even lets me, because she doesn't really like me or my dad doing anything to it other than maintenance stuff.

· Registered
1,977 Posts
im by minneapolis about 20 minutes out..its just what the weather man said, doubt anything will stay though
I have family in bloomington I visited two summers ago and really want to go out there in the winter sometime. You have no idea what it's like to not have any rain or storms in the summer, and then experience sun, a thunder storm, intense winds and rain, then hail all in about 3 hours, walk outside and realize its still 85. I hate california's summers, they're too hot and boring

· Registered
1,977 Posts
lol thanks.

I just don't want to pay for insurance yet since his policy still has another 10-11 months on the XJ. Does anyone know if I can keep the registration in his name while having the title in mine?
My XJ is part of my dad's insurance even though I own it, and the title is in my name, but to make my insurance manageable my name is on his '88 MJ since out of all our cars thats the one that was the lowest possible.

But to answer your question about the registration, I think it's fine. IIRC when I bought mine the PO had just paid the reg, and when I went to the DMV they changed it so I'd get the stuff for when it needed to be renewed the next year.

· Registered
1,977 Posts
Alright cool, but then the registration has to be in the same name as the insurance right?

Cause my registration expires in november 09 but the insurance is good til like 9/2010. So in order to use that insurance my dad (name is on the registration) would have to renew the registration right?
No because the reg is under my name, but the insurance is on my dad's policy. So I've been paying the reg b/c it's addressed to me, and my dad pays the insurance.

· Registered
1,977 Posts
Alright cool so I can just switch the registration over to my name.

Maybe I'll get some cool XJ related plates

I'm thinking:

"98XJ4WD"
You should be able to. I still want to get some custom plates for mine. I like your idea, b/c that would apply to mine too:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,977 Posts
A while ago I saw guy on here who had MMMMGAS for his Wrangler and he worked for the EPA. If I could get that one here I'd always try to park next to a prius

· Registered
1,977 Posts
took it wheeling today and let it stretch a bit

could have used a little less sway bar though

I'm surprised at how neatly my 30" tires fit into the wheel well without rubbing

...and stretching on top of a hill

1 - 20 of 347 Posts