Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Last weekend I finished fixing the driver door and installed a headlight relay kit. I also went to the Pick-n-Pull and checked out the only XJ listed in the valley, I lucked out and got the NP242 shift bezel, Shift gate and indicator light loom.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got it back from the shop. I swapped in some 4 port fuel injectors as soon as I got home. Most the clips in the connectors were brittle and broke so I'll put replacing them on the low priority to do list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
The red clips in the fuel injector connectors on the engine bay wiring harness?

Personally I would not even worry about them.

Pretty sure at least a couple are busted on mine from when I upgraded.

8 years ago.

I always thought half of the stuff is for manufacturing.

So things don't get disconnected when a Jeep is going down the line.
The plugs are getting pretty brittle themselves which concerns me more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
This past weekend I fixed the wiring for the front speakers and last night started doing a "big 7" cable replacement. It'll actually be a big 6 since I just bolted the mega fuse to the front of the fuse box instead of using the cheesy fuse holder they sent me. I'll finish that today and start on a 136 amp alternator swap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did the jeepcables.com 0ga wire with anl fuse. I tried to get a 130 amp alternator to fit but it would have been a lot of work and i don't have anything extra hooked up right now anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
i used the Ksuspension kit. It'll look even cleaner when I'm done. I'm going put in a fuse block for the headlight relays and anything else i might add. I dont like a bunch if inline fuses scattered everywhere.

You just need the grind a little off the inside if the mounts to get alternator to fit. Should be quick with an angle grinder. After I'm done with that I'm going to put in an electric fan which take a spot in the extra fuse block.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Past 2 days finished the "Big 6", f*ck that engine to firewall ground nut. I'm going to shorten that stud when it comes time to take the head off. Or is that a valve cover bolt? I forget. I pulled the alternator but realized I bought the wrong upgrade alternator, I could use it but I decided to buy a new direct plug in Bosch 132A instead, that'll be here Friday. I used the one I have for fitting the mount so all I have to do is bolt it up when it gets here. I removed the water pump and broke off the top bolt because a PO or mechanic used loctite. I moved onto removing the radiator. I then started to swap a MKVIII fan motor into a stock aux fan assy. It was working great until I carelessly broke the blade hub. I'll try it some other time when I'm not pressed for time. In the meantime I bought an aftermarket at Oreilly's. I don't know if I'll have time to do anything today but I hope to have it running again this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got everything I wanted to finished over the weekend. The Bosch alternator was even bigger than the one I was going to use and had to grind off some more on the mounts and the bosses on the block and timing chain cover. I would have done things slightly differently if I had known before hand and had the time. It's working so no biggie. I didn't have the time to wire the fan switch to a key on circuit and just grounded it to the frame it's stayed on for a minute or 2 after I've shut off the engine but I don't think it'll be an issue for now. Everything is working as well as expected.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got the NP242 in and running last weekend.

Today I figured out how to wire in aftermarket seat warmer pads. Hint: the factory harness plug is under the passenger seat. One wire is constant hot the other is key hot relay trip. Put a breaker in the the proper slot in the junction box and cut off the plug and wire in a relay. At least that's how I did it.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Trunk Eyewear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts