Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

4576685 Views 93830 Replies 2569 Participants Last post by  Ralph77
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.
Reactions: rickb54
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
RebelRidinRyan said:
Finally replaced my destroyed drive belt. Idk how it hasn't just snapped. Looks like it wasn't changed since 89. Haha. PITA by the way. Those 3 bolts for tension SUCK!
On an 89 xj there is one long bolt under the power steering pump for tension that is fairly simple to deal with...idk what you were doing lol

As for my XJ I sprayed bed liner on the rockers, fenders, bumper caps, grille, head light bezels, sprayed rubberized undercoating in the wheel wells and a bit of the unders, and painted my rims. Looks alot better than before i think it turned out pretty good.

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle

Sent from my Flux capacitor using JeepForum

· Registered
77 Posts
pdcomm said:
I have to say that adjusting the serpentine belt was the most difficult belt that I've ever had to adjust .
I always thought they were pretty simple, just one bolt under the power steering... although i have not owned a 96+. Is the tensioning system different in the newer xjs? Just curious.

· Registered
77 Posts
pdcomm said:
You never had to loosen the 5 bolts that hold the steering pump in place ?

Other than a half dozen bolts to adjust a single belt , I'd say it was a pretty simple job , too .

The easiest was on a Dodge Dakota . No bolts . 'Simply' spring the tensioner .
Ya but the adjustment itself is the one long bolt under the PS pump lol. Its always been easy for me.. idk maybe its just me lol ive done alot worse..

· Registered
77 Posts
jeeplesjeeper said:
Tail pipe hanger broke while wheeling and then Exhaust got bent to hell on leaf spring..... :Arg: thinking of just adding a down pipe right after the muffler?
I cut mine right after the cat and i love the way it sounds, all 3 of the xjs ive had were that way lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts