Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Where is everyone? Can't believe how quiet this thread has been. 2 days with no posts... weird...

Put a started in my girlfriends XJ yesterday and found the Vacuum leak I could hear. Going to need to find a new elbow for one of the vacuum lines coming off the intake manifold, old one is pretty disintegrated.
I believe it's alot slower now because you can't make a post from your phone. At least I can't, and I've seen a few others say it on here as well. You can quote someone but I can no longer post nor subscribe to a thread. I'm usually just a lurker but thought I'd mention it to see if the powers that be have a way of fixing it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Replying to the thread on the JeepForum app just to see if it works. If you guys can see this I'm on a guess it did. First time opening it in a while but it seems to be working fine.
Jeep forum app. My old phone worked fine. Got a new phone now almost nothing works. Might have to try tapatalk is that an app like you can download in Google play?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bought it. 2001 xj 169k miles. Cleanest one I could find and I've been looking on and off for a year. Hound here some time ago and feel like I know some of you even though I learked more then anything. Didn't feel right posting till I had bought one lol. I've always wanted an xj since the first time I saw a lifted one. Happy to finally be able to introduce myself and I hope I can help me out as much as I can help you all out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here it is got an interesting color scheme but it was originally a Florida car only been up here a few years and on the rust belt that's a winner. Can't wait to start making it mine

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey as rust free as it is it could have been pink with purple poka dots. I live in Illinois where they use salt to treat the salt. Maybe some dp to snazzy it up🖒. I kid I kid.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Actually question for you s8nng8. You seem have a decent knowledge of paint work. So the p.o. painted on those red stripes if I ock at it with my fingernail it flaked off fairly easily. So it doesn't seem like it was prepped well at all. What would your suggestion be for removing it without hurting the paint underneath. Worse comes to worse ill bedline the whole heep, bit I do like that color blue I think it's patriot blue. So I wouldn't mind saving it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Thanks pd. And the user profile isn't there on my page. I'm on my phone using tapatalk. Who knows maybe mine is different.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Question for everyone. The new to me Cherokee I just got I believe to be all stock with the exception of wear items. Was thinking of doing the 4 hole injector upgrade just wanted to make sure no one had done it to this earlier. So what do the stock injectors look like. I'm a Ford mechanic so I may have some of the 4 hole injectors just laying around at work lol.

·
Registered
225 Posts
This picture is factory vs 703, but the newer injectors should look the same with different connectors. hopefully it gives you an idea how to spot check.

So the top row is the factory? The ones on mine look like the top row. Ford had ones that look like both of them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Started to get rid of some of the red "accents" the p.o. put on. Got 1 red pinstripe off per side and rattle canned the center covers black to match the rims. Looks a little better.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ok so looks like I still have stock injectors. I'll have to search around work for some 4 hole injectors. If not ill wander around the junkyard and see what I can find.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dirty jeep guy. I'm assuming you mean the ev6 style injectors on the later model crown vics. Not the older style from when the vics first got the 4.6 in them, am I correct?

·
Registered
225 Posts
So i have the stock steel rims. Friend of mine has these sitting in his shed off an old xj he had he said they were craiger or American racing he couldn't remember. I don't mind the steel rims but if these have better backspacing then ill use them. My lift is a little while off. I just bought the xj and have house, wife, 3 kids blah blah blah. I knew it would need tires when I bought the xj my eventual plan is 3-4.5 in. Lift and 31 to 33 inch tires. As this will be a daily driver also. Would any kind of backspacing allow to run 31in tires on stock suspension so I only have to replace tires once before lift. What backspacing would I need. He only wants 40 bucks for the rims so I might grab them no matter what. But I don't want to buy a set of tires now then another when I do lift.

·
Registered
225 Posts
What if the only uptravel is pumping into a driveway lol. At least until it gets a lift. I would consider a budget boost optionif I needed to. Just don't want to purchase parts I only temporarily use.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts