Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
8401 - 8420 of 8437 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
It is already stroked and bored with roller rockes, milled head custom valves and pushrods. AGAIN LOWER END suggestions ?
Higher compression pistons, or a different crank with more stroke. Not much more that I know of. If you haven't done so, I'm told a more agressive camshaft does a lot for L6s. Forced induction, nitrous, 6 liter swap?

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's about what u thought. Thanks for the suggestions. No ls1 swap. Too much into this motor. I will do a hotter cam. Not sure about addit iona bore and stroke. We will see what condition it's in once the machine shop acid washes and checks for cracks and what not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds like I may have worn a cam lobe? I know what it means but sounds kinda weird. Middle to end of next week it will be stripped down to find out. I want a little hotter cam than the traditional rv cam. Any brand suggestions? Crane, comp etc. Maybe the 1100 to 5500 range for power?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds like I may have worn a cam lobe? I know what it means but sounds kinda weird. Middle to end of next week it will be stripped down to find out. I want a little hotter cam than the traditional rv cam. Any brand suggestions? Crane, comp etc. Maybe the 1100 to 5500 range for power?
Your best bet would be to call the company, tell them exactly what you want and let them do the thinking for you. Me and my brother both used texas speed for our ls motors and the customer service was top notch!

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well I did end up ordering the crower stage 3 cam listed above as well as the lifters, retainers, and new springs. I will be getting it tuned after break in either hp or..... I forget the other one. Now I'm getting excited. Will be getting the engine torn down later next week so hopefully I'll have an update for all of you in two weeks or so. This thing should be a beast. :):):)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm Trying to get a hold of Flyin Ryan. I know he is busy so I will give it a few days. While waiting I'm wiring up some LED reverse lights and Setting up the limiting straps for the front suspension. I won't have the motor back for a couple weeks yet so just trying to tidy up a few small projects while i wait....................and wait................and wait..............and

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ordered tuner and wideband 02 through flyin ryan, I'm also going to have some porting done while the motor is out. Looking forward to getting this beast back. Then I'm going to dd it for a couple straight weeks. Screw mpg I miss my jeep.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am having it ported. My machine shop miss spoke and is giving it a blow job....... couldn't resist. He did turn red and correct himself. It's getting a bowl job. :) intake and exhaust are getting done. BTW another crane cam failure 753905 died before 10k. I was running regular 10-30. I will be running Brad penn racing oil from here on out for a high zinc content. What's sad is how bad the brand new lifters were. Less than 50 miles. I tried uploading a photo just know they look like a telescope lens... :) thanks govt. For changing epa requirement without telling the public what would happen to flat tapett cams... :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
pictures

I am having it ported. My machine shop miss spoke and is giving it a blow job....... couldn't resist. He did turn red and correct himself. It's getting a bowl job. :) intake and exhaust are getting done. BTW another crane cam failure 753905 died before 10k. I was running regular 10-30. I will be running Brad penn racing oil from here on out for a high zinc content. What's sad is how bad the brand new lifters were. Less than 50 miles. I tried uploading a photo just know they look like a telescope lens... :) thanks govt. For changing epa requirement without telling the public what would happen to flat tapett cams... :(
Here are the photos

Attachments

8401 - 8420 of 8437 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.