Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
118021 - 118040 of 118062 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
It went well took me about twice as long due to removing the belly skid to get better access to the crank pulley. I also did not seat the coil packs as well as they should and had to remove and reseat them. (Horrible Clicking noise I had to google I swear it was the tone ring hitting the OPDA housing) But she is running well and no codes showing.

Thanks for asking

·
I Like to Camp
8,459 Posts
After hardly driving my TJ over the last two years, I just returned from driving 3,330 miles! Drove from Indiana to as far as Moab. Originally this camping trip was going to be to the Ouray, CO area, however Ouray had rain at the start of last week, so we went to Moab to run the Rim Rocker Trail that starts south of Moab and ends at Montrose, CO. We also ran a number of other trails ... I was simply following along! My TJ had an average mpg of 13.75 (lowest was 6, average off-road was 9, best one highway tank from Ouray to Colorado Springs was 17.1).
Best fuel price: $4.34 in Kansas
Highest fuel price: $5.55 in Ouray (87)
Most surprising fuel price: $5.39 in Colorado Springs (87)

My only issue (other than the fuel consumption) was that it failed to run one morning, but I figured out that the negative battery connection was slightly loose. (After Rim Rocker.) Gave me a bit of a scare! 👻

Poser shots ... ;)

Gemi Bridges, Moab

Rim Rocker (Utah)

Rim Rocker (Colorado) by firelight

Ophir Pass, near Telluride

At the end of Imogene Pass (Ouray side), the summit was still snowed over so we had to turn around.

Ouray (leaving :cautious:) with lots of Jeeps in the area.
Everything inside my TJ was just as dusty and I'm on the 5th load of laundry.

·
Registered
373 Posts
After hardly driving my TJ over the last two years, I just returned from driving 3,330 miles! Drove from Indiana to as far as Moab. Originally this camping trip was going to be to the Ouray, CO area, however Ouray had rain at the start of last week, so we went to Moab to run the Rim Rocker Trail that starts south of Moab and ends at Montrose, CO. We also ran a number of other trails ... I was simply following along! My TJ had an average mpg of 13.75 (lowest was 6, average off-road was 9, best one highway tank from Ouray to Colorado Springs was 17.1).

My only issue (other than the fuel consumption) was that it failed to run one morning, but I figured out that the negative battery connection was slightly loose. (After Rim Rocker.) Gave me a bit of a scare!

Poser shots ... ;)

Gemi Bridges, Moab

Rim Rocker (Utah)

At the end of Imogene Pass (Ouray side), the summit was still snowed over so we had to turn around.

Great pictures - thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,503 Posts

My only issue (other than the fuel consumption) was that it failed to run one morning, but I figured out that the negative battery connection was slightly loose. (After Rim Rocker.) Gave me a bit of a scare! 👻

Poser shots ... ;)

Gemi Bridges, Moab

Rim Rocker (Utah)

Lol. Funny to see the transition from a slick gloss red in the first pic to a dusty TJ that looks like it's been sitting in a barn for a few years by the last pic.

Looked like a great trip. Good job man

·
Registered
904 Posts
Annoying day for the jeep, noticed the throw out bearing already making noise (under 40k on it) and had the exhaust hanger by the transmission break off and take a chunk of the tubing out with it so it sounds just lovely now. Gonna order all the clutch parts + flywheel and hopefully knock that out one of these next few weekends. Think I’m gonna try out the composite TOB that comes with the luk kit this time around since the national one is already dying

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Finally got around to replacing the leaking axle seal. Already did the drivers side some years ago.
Parking brake shoes needed to be done as well. What a pain in the ***. Very little room to access the spring clips.
Drove 30 miles each way, to borrow a arbor press. Just glad to have it done and over with!

·
Registered
04 TJ
272 Posts
The PO told me the valve cover gasket was leaking and it was. He also said rear main but I’ve not seen but a few drops of oil on the ground and the VC is probably most if not all of it. It’s never dropped on the stick.
Had oil on the rear plugs when I changed them but the coil boots looked pretty good. I saw the other day I had a new gasket hanging on the wall from sometime ago. So I knocked it out this morning. The old one was about flat as a pancake where the ridges are and I was very pleased to see how clean it is inside. :)
Font Road surface Art Circle Pattern
Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Serpent Terrestrial animal
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive air manifold Automotive design Gas

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,981 Posts
Waiting for Amazon to deliver my Mopar oil pressure sending unit. Mother nature is giving my TJ a free bath while I wait.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
1998 Wrangler TJ
137 Posts
Waiting for Amazon to deliver my Mopar oil pressure sending unit. Mother nature is giving my TJ a free bath while I wait.
View attachment 4153836
Brown Font Wood Material property Beige

Likewise Boogieman.. mine arrived yesterday from California. It will be the second sending unit I’ve installed. If the Mopar unit don’t get it this time …I’m gonna install a smiley face sticker over the oil pressure gauge

·
Registered
2003 wrangler
7,806 Posts
i cant remember if i told you guys i got the jeep inspected and new registration on it in preparation for going back to colorado.

if not, thats what i have done recently. the new front fenders are in the garage waiting to go on and the new tires are waiting to be mounted and balanced and than can go onto her

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,981 Posts
View attachment 4154047
Likewise Boogieman.. mine arrived yesterday from California. It will be the second sending unit I’ve installed. If the Mopar unit don’t get it this time …I’m gonna install a smiley face sticker over the oil pressure gauge
My Mopar one was made in Mexico. Better than China, I guess. :unsure: Cheapest one I could find was $33 shipped.

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,981 Posts
Drove my TJ and found gas for $3.59 a gallon. Thanks Putin, for lowering the prices a little. :unsure: :rolleyes:

118021 - 118040 of 118062 Posts