Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
118001 - 118020 of 118062 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Installed the Rancho's on the front last night. Huge difference. Part of it was that the old ones were shot. Really shot. Bushings were worn/dried out to the point you could move the shock up and down. Now I need to get the rears done.

Reactions: superj

·
I Like to Camp
8,459 Posts
I've been getting ready to drive to Colorado for a week of Jeep trails and camping with family. Trip will be 2100 miles there and back, plus whatever miles with driving around the state ... at 12 mpg? 😅 My poor TJ has mostly been sitting for the last 20 months. 🤨
1) Reinstalled the dual battery system and put back in my Snomaster fridge that's been in the back of my Tacoma.
- A week ago I found out that the National Luna split charger was not working ... ordered a new solenoid which thankfully arrived Friday ... it now works!

Snomaster fridge turned on! (I hate coolers and ice!)

2) I'm not taking my off road tailer (in my signature), so it's going to be tight with what else fits in the back of the TJ! I did buy a one-man tent. So I'll have a sleeping bag, clothes, camera stuff, and some food. My family there will have everything else.
3) Replaced the light bulbs on the KC fog lights.
4) Cleaned the interior.
5) Repacked recovery supplies and basic tools.
6) Put a new winch cover on my WARN M8000 (the old cover looked abused). I had to have my wife do some sewing on the new cover to make it fit better as it's not for an M8000.
7) Programed the route on the Garmin. I'm driving mostly by two lane roads and divided highways (65 mph) between Indiana and Colorado to keep the speeds down vs. interstate (70-75 mph). At $5+ gal., I'm hoping for better MPG that way. My route stops for gas every +/- 175 miles. Will take 6-1/2 tanks to reach Colorado. 😎

·
I Like to Camp
8,459 Posts
Today I took my family with me for a light trail ride in the TJ. Then I proceeded to beat the brakes off of it. Kids had a blast. Wife’s cup of wine ended up everywhere. Haha.

Afterwards I drove them to the park and snapped some pics.
Awesome Jeep and an awesome family. You are a wealthy man! (y)

Reactions: blubaru2002

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tried to loosen my rear upper shock bolts last night. Wouldn't budge. I'm hitting them from above with Liquid Wrench twice a day, and my order of Kroil will be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2003 wrangler
7,806 Posts
i drove the ol jeep to work the other day, just so it would move around some. i think the tires need to be replaced. it has a weird feeling, like they are not round anymore

·
I Like to Camp
8,459 Posts
Drove from Indiana to Colorado yesterday. Filled up 6 times. 😅
MPG averaged about 14 (kept the speeds down).
Lowest fuel price in Kansas at $4.429
Highest so far: Limon, CO at $5.39
Headed tomorrow into the Rockies for a week of camping. 😎

·
Registered
04 TJ
272 Posts
After sitting in the sun at 95 degrees, I was able to peel off the ugly dealer sticker above
my left taillight.😁
A couple days ago I scrubbed the front seats with our carpet cleaner. Looks almost like new, took out most all the stains.
Amazing what came up the hose, like a milky mud color.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Fixture Vehicle door
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Fixture Vehicle door
Outerwear Sleeve Grey Beige Rectangle
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car

118001 - 118020 of 118062 Posts