Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
7281 - 7300 of 118142 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I went tooling around for what I thought was just going to be a short look-see and it turned into an ordeal with a broken valve stem that was irreparable on the trail. don't ask how I broke it, cuz I don't know. I was on an extremely easy "trail."
The jack I had was inoperable since it was missing some bars that crank it, which I though was nice. even though it was only supposed to be a quick out and back in 10 minutes, triple check everything you have before you go out. I thought I was prepared. guess not. no matter how "easy" the trail is, they can eat your lunch.

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

good tip:
even out of cell range, your cell phone can still send and receive text messages. the cell broadcast is still strong enough out in the boonies. helped me out yesterday.

·
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII
3,076 Posts
Just turned over 106,000 miles on the way to work this morning. :(

·
Banned
191 Posts
tried to remove front milk jugs by using a Torx and PB Blaster. Gave up and kicked the drivers side one off. Couldn't get to passenger side one in garage so will be doing that today. Also, gathered up the parts for my stereo upgrade, which is happening tonight.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just got a visit from the Fedex guy, to deliver my new tires! :D :D :D :D :D

if you couldn't tell i'm extremely happy right now!

edit: 10 minutes later the UPS guy shows up with the lift! :D :D :D :D

this day can't get better!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Looked at it, and took her to walmart to get Krylon fusion satin black..for those almost white fender flares...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Cineris1104 said:
And not really to my TJ, but I finally decided to support JF and upgraded my account!
x2!!!!! :D

Also, turned over 90,000 miles a couple days ago. She's growing up so fast! :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
whoot whoot orderd my softtop and jst got the money for a new lift

melted the milkjugs off with a blowtorch cuz the bolts were rusteddd

·
Registered
135 Posts
New black gate hinges came today. Took the top one off, no problem at all, started to think this was a cake job. Went to work on the bottom one, and of course, every torx bolt rounded out. Grabbed the grinder and 45 minutes later had the bottom one installed. They really look good with the tire carrier and stone gaurds, and the rear gate finally opens properly (ie, easy). The 33 off the back really trashed the factory hinges.

Also picked up some factory scratch paint to fix up a few dings, and got an ad in the paper for it. Have to admit the odds of me selling it dropped a bit tonight, now that I got all the little odds and ends garbage fixed that I've been putting off since I bought it. Going to stick to my asking price, which is probably high, but it's what it would take for someone to convince me to sell it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Went doorless tonight, for the first time. Once I got the direction right, the bottom bolts just came right off. Played with each door for about a minute and before long I was free. Only issue is that I'm driving around without mirrors for now. I'll risk it for now, as it's a small town and I've noticed many doorless jeeps with no mirrors.

I also picked up my touch up paint today for some scratches on my hood. One of my friends didn't care to check her pocket when she climbed on to look at the meteor shower last weekend. Well, her metal wallet like thing put some half dozen decent scratches. White on black sticks out, so I "touched it up". Doesn't look wonderful, but oh well. The sooner she stops looking all purdy and new the sooner I'll be willing to lift and build.

7281 - 7300 of 118142 Posts