Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
26681 - 26690 of 26690 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Finished pulling everything apart. Pinion bearings were visually fine, so I don't know if maybe it was the crush ring that failed? Either way, ordering a new bearing kit.
Got that sheared bolt out of the locker. Threaded right out with a pointy punch just to reach in and turn it. Ran a tap through all the threads, they were all fine. Gonna buy new bolts and throw it back together. Only really expensive part I need right now an an axle shaft, which isn't too pricey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.
We bought it, took the top off and drove it to the beach! Jeep on!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What radio are you running, and did you have to modify the opening much to make it fit?

I ask because my Bluetooth mic gave up the ghost, and its such a bloody expensive part to replace, I'd rather just spend literally a few bucks more and swap a whole new head unit (the factory ones been a pain in the arse for as long as I've had it).
It's an Alpine: ILX-207WRA; otherwise known as the "Jeep Restyle Kit".
It's designed specifically for the Jeep Wrangler JK/JKU and includes SiriusXM + Apple CarPlay.
That said, I'm glad I logged on and saw this, because over the weekend, I've furthered my audio development with some more Alpine features, and a new Sub, as follows:

COMPLETE:
Dynamat'ed Interior
Alpine: ILX-207 Touchscreen Monitor
Alpine: Type-R 6.5 Component Speakers (4x)
Alpine: Type-R Tweeters (4x)
Alpine: MRV-F300 Speaker Amp
Alpine: MRV-M500 Subwoofer Amp
JL Audio: 10" Shallow-Mount Subwoofer
Poly-Fil'ed All Enclosures
Rear Back-Up Camera
Front-Facing Camera
Optima: Red-Top Battery
Auxiliary Battery
Battery Isolater

COMING SOON:
Rear Auxiliary Power-Switch
USB Rear-Charging Ports (2x)

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Rectangle

Hat Audio equipment Home appliance Sports equipment Gadget

Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Trunk

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Passive circuit component

Product Automotive tire Audio equipment Motor vehicle Gadget

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Trunk Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Grey Automotive tire Electronic instrument Audio equipment Automotive design

LISTEN:
This is at 50% only; I'm giving it a couple weeks to break-in before up'ing the gain.

Full System:

JL Subwoofer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today I installed a GMRS radio w/ antenna and a digital mirror w/ rearview camera. Highlight for me was fabricating a bracket (that bolts to the 3rd brake light arm and spair tire carrier plate) to mount these items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just an update ...
Still haven't figured out a time to get the USB/Switch done; however I did get a 10" grille from JL Audio.
It REALLY makes a difference as far as actually being able to use the trunk w/o worry, or driving xtra slowly. It's made of steel, and honestly, I think it looks better now with it on, than having an open sub :p

Will return with more soon.

Audio equipment Electronic instrument Sound box Musical instrument Loudspeaker

Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Grille Automotive lighting Electronic instrument Font Audio equipment

Textile Sleeve Linens Font Event

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Trunk Office equipment

·
Registered
22 Posts

I installed the bar a year ago for a kayak and ended up with a special kayak rack. So I put the lights on. Fast forward a year I finally wired my old school KC Daylighters and eliminating wind scream from the bar/lights :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
5,570 Posts
Rugged Ridge hood latches and if you look closely, you will see my new fender armor.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Window

·
Random Guy
141 Posts
Plant Hood Automotive tire Wood Road surface

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Put on new to me Smittybuilt tube doors which surprisingly fit quite well minus the rear driver's side which has to be raised a bit for the latch to work. It's the least used door but I'll see about adjusting it at some point

Also took off my ten year old spiderweb shade and replaced it with a JTops which I already love more.

I really need to strip down everything give it a good claybar and polish and put on my new Rubicon stickers....

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, was accelerating uphill at around 4500 RPM when the engine light started blinking. The ODB reader gave me this code:
Product Font Material property Logo Circle

So I took it to the dealer I trust, and after keeping it for 2 days they told me they couldn't replicate the error. Thankfully, they didn't charge me the $145 diagnostic fee, which they could have done.

Also was driving this afternoon and saw this, and it's not even summer yet. I'm glad I added the hood louvers last fall.
Speedometer Car Odometer Vehicle Tachometer

26681 - 26690 of 26690 Posts