Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
101 - 120 of 29065 Posts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
i woke up at 6.30 in the morning today,got bored and wanted to drive my CJ around the lake and when i tried to start the engine oopps no spark ,dead battery. luckly i had a new optima red changed with the old one.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yesterday I bought 5 15x10 steel wheels for 20 bucks so today I going to clean them up to paint. Put the thermostat in my spare 258 with the 4.0 head work on the YJ power brake and power steering upgrade.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Yesterday:

-Changed motor mounts
-Resealed oil pan (please dont leak, please dont leak, please dont leak)
-Found X-Case shifter linkage holding on by 2 threads of a hand loose nut. :brickwall. I tightened that up before bad things happened. Nice catch, me!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Went out to the garage and removed the half inch of ice under my project.
Waiting for the temperature to rise so I can install the fuel tank/filler/vent/neck/pump/lines/filter......
and crank this beeotch up!!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Pulled my 4 wheeler out that got buried in the snow out in the back field trying to get some parts. Snow was so wet and deep I had to winch the wheeler to the Jeep 4 times. Got the wheeler out, drove that back and then went and got the Jeep. 2 feet of wet snow, with a 2" ice covering the ground under the snow and held it to the boards I went slipping and sliding all the way back out. I love my Jeep :D

·
Registered
923 Posts
Took the entire front end apart that is heavily customized to accomodate the 302 in order to replace the small c-clip that fell off the flexalite fan.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I threw on my new muffler and finally did an oil change. I replaced my Flowmaster 40 with one of those $25.00 Flowtech Raptor mufflers from Schucks. For the price its actually a pretty decent muffler. The Flowmaster was just too loud with no cat on there.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
getting ready to install my MSD 6AL box and Blaster HVCII coil and wire it up

·
Vulcan FTW
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Greased her up......and stared at it for a little while.

·
Registered
923 Posts
oh . . . I thought we all just assumed the everyone stares at the jeep for a while.

·
Registered
818 Posts
today

I moved the newly urethane coated house molding from the hood of the jeep into the house to dry. I moved it in and out of the garage this weekend doing a project. It's a garage trophy, I trashed my soft top last year. So it's sunny days before it comes out. It was nice today, I work nights, thought happy thoughts about driving and wheeling it and went to work.:thumbdown:

I've done lots to it, but it was a while ago. It only needs a full roll cage, flat skid plate and those ever present CJ leaks fixed and she can be considered done. Maybe some new tires too, that's about it.

Last summer though, I tipped it over on it's side and busted the windshield frame, windshield and put a nice dent in the rear quarter panel about the size of a baseball. :( :mad: :( And oh yeah, it busted the tilt joint on my steering column, what a b***ch!:brickwall Found a good donor on here from a fellow jeepforum member that basically gave me the thing it was so cheap. No more tilt column for me. I was 10 miles from any highway and driving home with a busted steering column makes for one long, nervous drive home. Thank god for my winch or I'm not sure how I would have ever gotten it home. And I forgot the camera to take those oh so humbling images for cubicle posting.

Hammer, patience, and one bad windshield frame and two months later....I got it roadworthy again. The next day, it started raining.. for weeks...:doh:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, sunday I spent about 2 hours cleaning it inide and out after a week of rain. So far this week it has been sunny and nice. probabally mid-high 70's. However it is supposed to rain again on Thursday, so the jeep is sitting in the garage all clean, and Im driving my focus for the time being. Probabally at the end of the month, after most of the rain has stopped, I will take off the hard top, and replace it with the bikini top for summer! :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got her running this morning after a long week of not driving her. aaahh I'm back. Boy was it cold this morning(VA). Even called the office to tell them i'll be late cause i need to get her running.

·
Premium Member
2011 Jeep JKU
11,161 Posts
Replaced a cracked fuel line (between the rigid line to the FPR).

And while I was under the hood, I installed a set of 'town-and-country' land-yacht type horns out of a totalled OldsToronado I had lying around... (for no particular reason).

Hoss

·
Registered
398 Posts
Installed the new winch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Installed a new steering stablizer. Took all the wheels of and checked my brake system all looks good. Started cleaning the frame of a coat of POR 15 and then decided to go hit a couple of mud holes. Well I guess I'll have to clean it all over again.

101 - 120 of 29065 Posts