Hood Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Engineering

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Mmmmmmmm.......rotator cuff surgery :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
wheeled it some more. did the road in 2wd low. aired down to 7 psi.

when wheeling in rocks, the tires should look like this. if not, the pressure isn't low enough..

short video of this section. at about the 3:12 mark is when i pass over this spot (yes, i backed up to take the photos)
short video of class vi road run

camera is pretty level here, steep road - note the trees are parallel with the photo sides

·
Registered
1978 Jeep Cj5 OEM AMC 304
159 Posts
IF YOU EVER ARE FACED WITH TRYING TO INSTALL LEAF SPRINGS AND THE HANGERS ARE TOO TIGHT HERE IS A SIMPLE WAY TO SPREAD THEM WITHOUT HYDRAULICS. PIECE OF THREADED ROD AND A FEW NUTS:

View attachment 4153862
View attachment 4153862
I’m looking at the scraped up bushing I can see you were fighting imagining the struggle before you went and got that setup. I’ve always jacked them up into place. I like your setup.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nyla got new shoes. MT Baja Legend EXP 285/75. So 33's on a 2.5inch OME YJ Spring lift. Might could bump her higher, but this is a beach crawler and not out on a lot of rough stuff. I did a tracloc when I rebuilt the AMC 20. Now has 3.54's, so at least I have the carrier for 4.10's if I feel they're necessary.

My lovely wife (it's her CJ) bought 16" wheels - advice to all - don't do that. Really limits your tire choice.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Car

-DO

·
Registered
113 Posts
replaced the leaking oil pressure sender. doesn't seem to leak so far, and came with teflon tape already wrapped on the port threads. dash gauge now reads steady 38-40 psi idle cold startup, and winds down to 20-25 psi idle once warm. pops up to 55-57 psi warm at mid-throttle. so far, so good. might cure the bouncy gauge needle.

·
Registered
113 Posts
installed 6* shims in the front to get better negative caster angle, having completed a yj spring conversion earlier this summer. good steel shims, fit perfect to the d30 perches and the 2.5" yj springs. also added back one of the two leafs i had removed from each of the spring packs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
hard to say. i never drove it with the 5-spring leaf packs; too much lift for me to get into the jeep. so, i pulled 2 leaves from each pack, then finished the other details from the frame replacement that i started 9 years ago. the springs were rubicon express yj 4.5" springs. take a look at the short video i linked a few posts above this one.

it absolutely rides better, with better articulation, than it did with the original cj-width springs that had been on it since i purchased the jeep in 1993.

i re-added a leaf to the front pack because the front had settled a bit after driving it and wheeling it over the last month (the first month i've had it on the road since 2013). just wanted to get it to sit at about the same level it sat with the old springs. i liked that height - enough to clear my 34s, but low enough that i can still get into the driver seat without any difficulty.

Reactions: Neuner-9R

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Combination of 79/80 renegade and 84 renegade decals .

·
Registered
1978 Jeep Cj5 OEM AMC 304
159 Posts
Reactions: agear

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Pics or it didn’t happen
I was just saying that’s pretty much what the decals are in john strenks last jeep with decals image a few posts back.

Reactions: MrCamo
28861 - 28880 of 28898 Posts