Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
28841 - 28860 of 28898 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got tired of the d300 twin stick popping out of rear drive. Customized a monopod from Amazon with a rod end and bolted it to the firewall. No issues wheeling all day at Redbird last weekend.
Motor vehicle Light Hood Automotive design Car

·
Registered
1978 Jeep Cj5 OEM AMC 304
159 Posts
Got tired of the d300 twin stick popping out of rear drive. Customized a monopod from Amazon with a rod end and bolted it to the firewall. No issues wheeling all day at Redbird last weekend. View attachment 4153285
I switched back to a plastic knob- less weight. Your solution is solid!!

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Must have an auto trans, as you should NEVER be needing the unwanted lift, if you have a manual trans and starter does not work!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Towed home, I had a spare solenoid in the garage . I had managed to bump start it earlier but I was in a flat parking lot this time and wasn’t about to ask a bunch of people.
that’s what I have CAA for anyway

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Oh Oh pick me.....a key?

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Driveline ready to go too..it’s not stock. View attachment 4153572
Nice comparison picture, it puts everything into perspective…lol

That new plate should help, until you find the next fuse. Not like you don’t already know that, it seems you have lots of breakage experience in your quest to go quicker, which is something us 15 year old kids admire…lol

Reactions: KWIKCJ5

·
Registered
159 Posts
I ditched my poor CJ5 in the driveway and headed out to meet my buddy at his place. We were gonna meet at my place and tear out the suspension and prep to pull the Dana 30 axles out, his 2003 Cherokee threw a code this morning.
so Jeep day happens in his apartment parking lot instead of my place!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
changed the wiper blades (the old ones were at least a decade old, since it hadn't been on the road since 2013). found the "correct" ones at a FLAPS (trico classic).

28841 - 28860 of 28898 Posts