Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
28821 - 28840 of 28898 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Join our mirror fell on the floor club(joking)
If you ever have to adjust the mirror unscrew the set screw and remove it and adjust it that way .
If you ever have to adjust the mirror unscrew the set screw and remove it and adjust it that way .
😂

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Drug it to the race track View attachment 4152804
[/QUOTE]

I like the term, “I drug it to the race track”. Having drug my Firebird all over the country for almost two decades, I can relate.

Your new wheelie bar looks tight, in other words the front won’t come up much. I run the same concept using limiters on my front springs, on my race car. My car will 60’ with the best, and the front wheels never lift…it’s a fine line to walk, but wasting energy on a wheelie is not a part of my tuning theory with my 1969 Firebird, bracket race car.

I am assuming you remove the wheelie bar when you want to go play in the sand, but you install it for competition, resulting in quicker ET’s.

A trip out West is on my bucket list, and I will definitely be dragging my CJ-7 along with me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have to have a wheelie bar on when racing, it won’t stay down at all without one. No one makes wheelie bars for sand racing so you have to fab them. It would be fairly easy if I were to remove the stock gas tank and put a tank in the back but I don’t want to do that. I have to build one that comes from the bumper and works with the rear differential. Once I get that piece of the puzzle figured out I think it will turn 4.3’s
I learned a lot yesterday and think I have it figured out. The broke driveline is an easy fix, should be back on the road in a few days.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I added backer plates to my motor mounts. Despite the primitive appearance I did clean the rough edges off with a flap wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
1977 Jeep CJ-5
2 Posts
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?
Removed the alternator that rattled apart on our first Jeep drive of the season. Changed oil even if it was cold. Have a 4 hour drive to replace the alternator. Ordered clutch and brake pedal pads. Ordered mats.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed a 4.0L thermostat housing to bring the temp sending unit forward. Forgive the crappy wire routing. Didn’t fix the Hot indication, so I’m placing all bets on the actual gauge being bad. I’m going to install a new set of Auto Meter gauges in the fall. Too hot in FL for that right now. Installed the soft top with no instructions. Does it look right? I had to zip-tie the door frames to the windshield bars to ensure the windshield bars wouldn’t fall out, so that makes me question my installation. Tried to install a new hood prop, but before I drilled, it wouldn’t clear the radiator when stowed with the hood down, so I scrapped that plan. I rested the hood on the windshield light bar with a towel, and that worked great. Lots of light and space to work.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replaced the fuel sending unit. The float was full of fuel and the original(?) sending unit tested good. Ordered the MTS sending unit for the replacement, seemed like a good unit, but the o-ring that came with it was garbage. Also had no pickup filter, so I had to order it and a new o-ring. It all came together in the end and the gauge is now working fine.
Drinkware Glove Fluid Wood Bottle
Speedometer Motor vehicle Light Odometer Gauge

Reactions: Swamp Rat

·
Premium Member
1984 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade
10,074 Posts
Replaced the fuel sending unit. The float was full of fuel and the original(?) sending unit tested good.
Original Sending Units had brass floats. Get one of the brass floats from early Ford vehicles, they fit the Jeep CJ ending Units. I still use my original float on an Crown Sending Unit I replaced 20 years ago.
Like these: Fuel Tank Sending Unit Replacement Components - Float Fuel Tank Sending Unit Replacement Component Type - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
Wood Cylinder Household hardware Gun accessory Metal

Reactions: John Strenk

·
Registered
1978 Jeep Cj5 OEM AMC 304
159 Posts
Removed the dual battery tray, reverted back to a single battery wiring systems, installed a new yellow top. Installed a new starter.
srarted cleaning up the air cleaner assembly for paint. Again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Installed a 4.0L thermostat housing to bring the temp sending unit forward. Forgive the crappy wire routing. Didn’t fix the Hot indication, so I’m placing all bets on the actual gauge being bad. I’m going to install a new set of Auto Meter gauges in the fall. Too hot in FL for that right now. Installed the soft top with no instructions. Does it look right? I had to zip-tie the door frames to the windshield bars to ensure the windshield bars wouldn’t fall out, so that makes me question my installation. Tried to install a new hood prop, but before I drilled, it wouldn’t clear the radiator when stowed with the hood down, so I scrapped that plan. I rested the hood on the windshield light bar with a towel, and that worked great. Lots of light and space to work. View attachment 4153001
Swamp Rat, What type of coating is that on the body? That color/shine looks great for being textured! I'd love to get my jeep painted in yellow like that!

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Swamp Rat, What type of coating is that on the body? That color/shine looks great for being textured! I'd love to get my jeep painted in yellow like that!
Thanks. It’s “electric blue” metallic paint, but then has a flat clear coat over it. Done in a tent in a back yard by the PO, not a professional, but it came out amazingly well. The tub has bedliner under the paint. You can see that on the edges in one of the pics. The only thing that sucks is that you can’t wax it if you want to keep that matte look. Oil and coolant droplets or handprints like that thumbprint on the hood come right off with a little soap and water or a soft rag if it’s not a lot. That doesn’t affect the matte look, but wax supposedly will change it big time. Haven’t tried and don’t plan to. I really want some new decals for the raised “Jeep” logos on the sides and tailgate but not sure what size or where to get the correct ones.

Yellow like this would look badass on yours. Send some pics.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Truck Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You have "Joop" panels and not "Jeep". Those have been replaced with after market body parts, so will probably need to hand paint them or get the decals.

Perhaps there is a kid, with very gifted artistic talent that could use a couple bucks, and could hand paint them for you?

I really want some new decals for the raised “Jeep” logos on the sides and tailgate but not sure what size or where to get the correct ones.

Yellow like this would look badass on yours. Send some pics.
View attachment 4153132 View attachment 4153143 View attachment 4153144

Reactions: Swamp Rat

·
Super Moderator
23,817 Posts
Washed and waxed the CJ for the first time since I painted it.
But looking at my Plain Jane Jeep and wondering what color stripe kit would look best on a Firecracker Red Jeep.

Red, Orange, Blue, Grey Black ? ???

I like this style But would the red get lost in the red base color?

This looks nice but can't find who sells it.

28821 - 28840 of 28898 Posts