Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
28241 - 28260 of 28619 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,561 Posts
Engage lockers and proceed
If it were only that easy. All 3 tires were spinning merrily with the fourth one joining in occasionally.
I was high centered on the snow bank.

I don't know if I like these new tires or not. At times I pas pushing piles of snow I couldn't think of before, and then the silliest things made me loose traction and just spun the tires.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
If it were only that easy. All 3 tires were spinning merrily with the fourth one joining in occasionally.
I was high centered on the snow bank.

I don't know if I like these new tires or not. At times I pas pushing piles of snow I couldn't think of before, and then the silliest things made me loose traction and just spun the tires.
I know right. My brother in laws land cruiser is fully loaded with center diff lock and locking axle diffs . There’s a sticker in the door jamb or somewhere if stuck engage lockers and proceed . LOL

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Let's remember. So far its:

Built not made!
Mistakes were made!
When stuck engage lockers if equipped!
Sharp turns made in excess of 20MPH may result in a rollover!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Not today, but last week. I nstalled a SRS kit on the front. I know it's not for everyone and have been contemplating it for at least 5 years. I even had a set of 2.5" wide RE springs set aside just for the occasion. Yes it nosedives under hard braking, but it's predictable. It tracks super nice, even at 70+ on the highway. I'm not a rock crawler, I'm a "get me down the trail to my favorite fishing/hiking/shooting spot" type of driver with the occasional trek into the snow or out to the beaches. I'm pretty happy with it, and if there comes a time when I'm not, I can always break out the welder and change it back.

Reactions: agear

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I bled my 2 rear brakes with the clear hose submerged in fluid 1 person method. Open bleeder press the pedal down seceral times check for bubbles in clear tubing and when there is none tighten down bleeder and top off fluid . We’re expecting 4 inches of snow today and had some last night so I was quick so I didn’t have water all over the garage

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
We got a bunch of snow here in Va beach Va. I went wheeling in it. Spun out a couple times . And I put it in 4 hi a couple times

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 Jeep CJ7
481 Posts
Started working on the hard doors. I picked them up years ago for $50 and didn't do much more than rattle can black until today. Not sure what I am going to do with this driver's side door. The P.O. really did a number on it, as did the elements.
Tool Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

I rally have no idea what they were thinking. Once the wing window and the roll-up glass are removed, the mechanism comes right out. No need to butcher the poor things like that.

Rust shows no mercy. Even the holder for the paddle door rod (the U-shaped rod that goes under the glass) was rusted out so far that it wasn't even connected anymore. It may be well beyond my skill to fix this, but I have to give it a shot.
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
144 Posts
I replaced my steering column with a flaming river column. Was also going to install my new borgeson steering shaft. But I discovered a borgeson 1”-48 spline u-joint won’t fit on a flaming river 1”-48 spline column. So now I have a flaming river u-joint on order. Since when is a 1”-48 not a 1”-48? 😡

·
Registered
1982 CJ7
170 Posts
I reinstalled my rebuilt steering column (non-tilt, rebuilt myself). That seal between the collar and the firewall is a real SOB. It kept twisting around the collar bolts as I was trying to tighten them. And at first I thought there was something wrong with the horn, but TIL the column is grounded through the steering gear box. I didn’t have the lower shaft installed, so there was no ground for the horn.

I also installed my remanufactured steering gear box. One of the welded frame nuts broke when I removed the old gear box, so I had to cut a box wrench to fit inside the frame to get the bolt torqued to spec. The PS lines fought me the whole way, but it’s in. Here’s hoping there’s no leaks.

Hope to get the lower shaft (Borgeson upgrade) installed tomorrow. And maybe reinstall the sway bar.

Reactions: agear

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
We got a bunch of snow here in Va beach Va. I went wheeling in it. Spun out a couple times . And I put it in 4 hi a couple times
I hope you rinsed your keep thoroughy…they salt the roads in VA. I will not drive either of my Jeeps on salted roads, ever. That’s what I have my wife’s 1997 4runner for, and I still thoroughly rinse it after driving it on salted roads.

I did play in my yard with my CJ-7 yesterday.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I hope you rinsed your keep thoroughy…they salt the roads in VA. I will not drive either of my Jeeps on salted roads, ever. That’s what I have my wife’s 1997 4runner for, and I still thoroughly rinse it after driving it on salted roads.

I did play in my yard with my CJ-7 yesterday.
Thanks axe. Not yet. As soon as this stuff melts I’m gonna hose her down . This brings up something at my friends work they have this long attachment you can use FLUID FILM with to spray inside your frame

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
I made a “Water Broom” years ago after moving to Moyock. I realized I would have to drive on salted roads occasionally and I hate RUST, or CORROSION, as we refer to it in the aviation industry. It’s pretty easy to make a Water Broom out of PVC pipe. I’ll post a picture of the one I made, as soon as I get it down from the attic of my carport. I run my water broom under any car I drive on salted roads, and my wife’s 4 runner will need a rinse when I get home from work tomorrow.
Screenshot Font Line Parallel Software

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I made a “Water Broom” years ago after moving to Moyock. I realized I would have to drive on salted roads occasionally and I hate RUST, or CORROSION, as we refer to it in the aviation industry. It’s pretty easy to make a Water Broom out of PVC pipe. I’ll post a picture of the one I made, as soon as I get it down from the attic of my carport. I run my water broom under any car I drive on salted roads, and my wife’s 4 runner will need a rinse when I get home from work tomorrow.
View attachment 4133394
I know some one in the aviation industry that lives in Elizabeth city or somewhere.His name is David carlivanos. Do yo know him

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
28241 - 28260 of 28619 Posts