Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Water Automotive tire Formation Automotive wheel system

Wood Road surface Gas Tints and shades Asphalt

Just received a cj7 that I'm going to be restoring. It's lifted allready but one long arm the threaded rod had snapped. Anyone know what brand of long rod these are or maybe where to find a new threaded rod.

TYIA

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
That's a leaf sprung jeep. My guess is that's somebody's poor attempt at making an anti wrap bar because it's been modified to spring over configuration. Judging by the looks of the booger welds on that contraption I would take a serious look at the rest of the work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a leaf sprung jeep. My guess is that's somebody's poor attempt at making an anti wrap bar because it's been modified to spring over configuration. Judging by the looks of the booger welds on that contraption I would take a serious look at the rest of the work.

Si, but didn't know if it was homemade, modified or etc. I'm guessing it's to change the angle of the pinion.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Si, but didn't know if it was homemade, modified or etc. I'm guessing it's to change the angle of the pinion.
100% homemade by a graduate of the Ray Charles welding school. As suggested, look over everything else.

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
A home made, way overbuilt, poorly assembled anti wrap bar.
It is deisgned to keep the axle from rotating under acceleration/de acceleration. The frame ends are usually a heim joint, however, yours looks like a pivot, which may be the reason it broke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts