Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be getting old. my OEM headlights just do not seem bright enough for me.

So I am planning on replacing them. Went down to Oriely's and had a sticker shock as well as the visit to amazon. I know more expensive does not equate to better.

I keep getting different views on what is a good light and a bad light. I have look at some old Posts and I am wondering what is new and improved or what is new and a POS.

What are your thoughts on this? Who has had a good experience with LED headlights in their JK? or which ones should I stay away from.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I have oracle headlights I got from quadratec. I am happy with them and much better than the factory headlights.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
The Amazon stuff is largely cheap Chinese knockoffs.

Building a bright LED headlight is easy. Building one with good focus and durability is different. The biggest weaknesses of LEDs are heat and water. They require good cooling and seals that will not allow any moisture to migrate into the electronics. It's also nice to have one that won't blind other drivers.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I installed Quadratech's LED headlights and fogs on mine a few years back. They are pretty good for the price and were of good quality. They are a little lacking though in bad conditions.

Next time, I will go with KC.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I bought the JL Speaker LED headlights. Love them! I can light up the dark side of the moon with them. :nerd: Espensive, but they certainly are bright.

The stock headlights were horrible. They were about as effective as holding a match out the window while driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts