Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a 2000 Grand Cherokee for the seats and then part it out. My question is, what else can i utilize in my 2001 XJ? I was thinking maybe the alternator, speakers, steering wheel, stuff like that. Maybe some suspension components, the underside of mine is all rusted out.

Side question: Do they make front grille covers without the turn signal holes in them? I think they stick out like a sore thumb, and I didn't wanna have to resort to tinting them. I don't like the white ones.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Can you use XJ hubs in the WJ knuckles?
Yes, the fit. You need the '00-01 hub bearings. I think I read somewhere recently, the '06 TJ hubs are the same, but with a bit longer thread studs. Also, a 1/4 spacer needs to be welded on, to keep the pivot point of the axle shaft at the same point. The WJ Hubs will work is you want to go 5 on 5. I did this recently. Still need the 1/4 space that needs welded on. Also, 07-08 Libby/Nitro front rotors are a direct bolt on for 5 on 4.5 setup. Also, need to space out the front calipers 1/4. I didn't when I had the 5 on 4.5 setup. I had to on the 5 on 5. I an running R17 WJ rims I think or JKs.

If V-8, they might have a trans cooler. They are about 7" X 9". They are attached to a 'mini bull bar'. I am going to try and fit that to an XJ. I need to lengthen them a bit to attach to the front frame on an XJ.

·
Registered
12,978 Posts
the WJ part car is a V8?

you want the FAN and hydraulic valving*, If there is also a elec fan, also grab the PCM, write down all info, Alternator, then look for SRS elec components,

What does not interchange A WJ owner will need, all the mentioned parts and some - a local jeep club might make you more friends as the salvaged WJ would be a nice to have.

As these jeeps get on in years its the classic car mentality someone will need this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.