Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Parts OEM are not what they were, even for a xj. In most any case if i can i go to a better after market. Brake lines should not be that hard to source. ? I bought a set of rears that are few inches longer, they are extra parts on hand though. Think from rock auto. Nothing fancy. but have not looked. even amazon sells parts.

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
I used to buy a new cars but lately I've starting buying vehicles from the '90's that I can work myself on and keep running.
after 2012 we stopped buying new/ish. The jeep rides a trailer, its pulled by a 1996 F250 7.3 TD/the DD. that has over 200k. did a bit over 13mpg average 1300 miles. To and back to Rubicon, does it every may/june. Jeep on its 37s can hardly get 14mpg.

Wife has the last real SUV ever made. 4x4 1 ton Diesel 7.3 last year of those. It has 265K miles. can pull 10k. Its on 35s and still gets 17mpg. keep it under 70mph. Her truck has seen repairs though. things do wear out but the blocks are rocks. Turbos / injectors tend to go at around 200k. 300k-500+ is not uncommon. But they run dirty compred to anything to day. Not as much power as well. But they Tune very easy. even can have more then a few tunes on the fly.

I would not even buy a Jeep unless it was a jeep. If i need even a another jeep I will buy a used Buggy for off road use. The JKR was our last donation. It will live its life as a trail jeep, sits waiting in the shop. Dusy Ershem trail is next up end of Aug. 33 of the roughest miles there is. Not the hardest. Long as the horse dont break a leg that will make this jeeps 8 th pass of that trail. well 8 been there not all made it.

still say today if i needed a new DD it would be a Tesla. But I need a truck and it need to tow over 650 miles. No one will make a truck near that in my life that wont cost more then a house. Wife's SUV can hold 44g x

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
the coolers can leak and just be the seals too.

They cannot get parts for new ones as well. So when they break and they do, same issues. Though the JL has been around now 4 years all most. It has changed as well. With the attempt to make it plug in as well. Adds a lot more parts to break. I dont see a JL not doing this to meet a new MPG goal or go Ev. some places soon they wont have ICE. So jeeps in a bit of a WTF do we do now as are the rest. Tack on inflation do to fuel and the other things done to create more inflation.

same 3.6 and its issues. so yea

I would not even buy a ICE vehicle again at this point. If you are young more so perhaps. Im old. I dont have to DD to work. I only own a Jeep to go off road/camping off road and am in clubs. We do a lot of wheeling all over the west. I do not even drive the JKR there its on a trailer.

We have two trucks, ones a real SUV. No one makes a real E truck. No one will in my life that wont cost 200k. What a real truck... 8 foot bed extra cab or 4 door can tow at least 10k and go at least 400 miles towing that......crickets. The wifes SUV can do more then that since it can get 12mpg towing 44 gallons....265,000 miles too. Its killed a trans. New turbo, injectors Hpop normal stuff at 200k..

If i wanted a DD it would be a Tesla at this point. Off road when this JKR dies or i kill it. If I need a 4x4 i will buy a used rock Buggy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts