Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
has anyone used one of these welders? im in the market for one but need one with a generator since my house isn't electrically set up for a welder. for the build I have coming up I need something that can handle it.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/hobart-champion-elite-dc-welder-generator
Two thoughts .... 250 stick welder will pull same amp as a stove even elec dyer. Make you an extension cord that could run out to the project.

Another thought (which is how i would go) is a mig. 120v / 220v (switch wires to change volts) 160amp welder with gas does one heck of a job! Welded up a 80" grapple bucket few years ago with no issues and i am hard on it. I have one branded a snap-on but it is a lincoln. It welds great with just 120v and is my go to welder up to 1/4" ish. I have a 400amp tig / stick but never really use it. I have one of the old BARN TOP welder that is copper wound (many alum wound) that i pivked up for 100 used and it does the trick if i have heavy dirty metal. I have run it with a 5000w honda generator out in the woods with no problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The price of a good extension cord is about the same as some as the generators!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Make your own ..... Market place / Craigslist / salvage company / scrap yard / any electrician ..... you will find the wire and maybe even the plug/outlet for a 1/10 th of the cost of new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts