Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my XJ in for an alignment and was informed the transmission mount is toast, got under it to make sure I was ordering the right part and of course it's not the same as anything I can find. I've attached a pic of what I think is the transmission mount (unless I'm an idiot and it's not, which is entirely possible). Anybody know what I'm looking at?

It's the 4cyl, manual transmission, bought it with the lift + tcase drop so I don't know exactly what was done there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
52059-150AA is the mount for a 99 4wd with the 4cyl manual, and is a discontinued part.

Is it really toast? It all looks clean in the pictures. What really is wrong with it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
52059-150AA is the mount for a 99 4wd with the 4cyl manual, and is a discontinued part.

Is it really toast? It all looks clean in the pictures. What really is wrong with it?
Fantastic :| Well it's not hard to get to so I'll mess with it or take it apart and double check before I search the globe for a new part or someone to fabricate it.

I was also surprised at how clean it was, the shop that told me it's "toast" (their words not mine) doesn't do that sort of repair so idk what reason they'd have to say it's bad when it isn't. I think they're going off the shakiness/vibes and the small "clunk" noise that happens when you turn or go over a bump. It feels a bit like the mount to me, but the clunk could honestly be anything and a lot of the shaking is probably because the previous owner went budget on the lift and didn't do a SYE/CV driveshaft.

·
Real Jeeps have dents
29,304 Posts
The mount looks aftermarket to me, and the rubber bushing resembles a WJ motor mount bushing.

Reactions: mh30
1 - 4 of 4 Posts