Rating 3
Average Price $360.13
Manufacturer Weber
Recommended Yes: 17 / No: 2

get a life and quit reading my ****

#8 ·
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I agree this is a nice upgrade for 1 or 2 barrel 4.2 liter jeep. Works realy well with correct jets, more power, response, and 24 mpg. Webers like a better ignition so do the TeamRush, aux grounds, and CDI if you can. Here is a link I put together for a good jet change and tune information. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631105

#10 ·
Price $300
Pros Seems to work better than the Carter, although the Jeep was in such bad shape before I'm not sure I could tell.
Cons It's a carb and not fuel injection. If I had the cash, I'd put a throttle body injector on. I've had some weird problem where the choke stopped disengaging for a while last winter.
Recommended yes

Comments: It's a simpler carb than the Carter and (I guess) works pretty well, aside from that issue with the choke sticking for a while that seems to have righted itself. Unfortunately I flooded the engine very badly when I first put the carb on and added gas straight into the carb. Don't. Maybe there's some safe place to do this, but I don't know where. Wait for the fuel pump to do its thing...I had to take the head off and get it and the valves scrubbed off at a machine shop. It had a tremendous amount of carbon on the valves and was running like crap.

#11 ·
Price $1500
Rating 1
Pros None.
Cons Very costly in price when one would consider the time and parts necessary to maintain this mistake. The carb has a record of its problematic nature.
Recommended no

Comments: If this is a review of the DGEC 34, can't be certain by the title if it is or not so I'll assume it is, BUYER BEWARE! My estimated cost would reflect what I would deem appropriate considering how much time and aggravation this carb will deliver you even after you begin receiving the extras pieces necessary. I may have even underestimated the cost.

In my honest opinion this would be a very poor choice to make, unless you want to smell like the fuel that this carb will spew, out and on and around your engine, not to mention the over abundance of fuel it will spill into the engine. Lots of work involved with an attempt to correct or just live with the results from your attempts to set it up, seeing as how the manufacturer did not. Forums are cluttered with complaints on this carbs issues.

As is it should be listed as a Boo Boo 34/34 :thumbdown:

Surly some one had some idea when this carb was designed but I think they must have used the delegated approach to its development. It is a shame for it to be identified with the Weber name.
Look for a genuine old school Weber instead, Check out the DGV Series you will be thankful that you did.:thumbsup:.

#12 ·
Price $300
Rating 4
Pros works well

order with correct jets at start or buy the extra jets. Ext cost is $25 for all 4. Ask nice they will give the jets to you for free.
Cons Weber Factory is still leaning what jets work correctly with the 258. This carb is used on several 4 and 6 cylinders. Easy to fix though and change the jets
Recommended yes

Comments: This is one of the New Weber Carbs 34/34 and works great when jetted properly for the CJ 258 and the Use of Holley low pres Fuel Regulator. I have helped a few dozen or so get this working much better and all webers work the same. It is not uncommon for a carb that fits Jeeps, Suziki's, and other vehicles to need proper jets. I have been working with the factory and they are starting to ship smaller jets like what I have suggested in my Weber Tune Link/Thread. It takes ten minutes to change all four jets and they cost $5-6 each. You can order with the correct jets or if you ask nicely Weber N. America might send you the smaller jets no charge. They have done this for many JeepForum members I have helped.

I have already done the searches, work, and play time. If you follow the suggestions in this link the Weber 34/34 or the 32/36 will run great. If you research other carbs they are recommending the same size jets I am, funny how that works out. 46-47-48mm jets seem to be the norm for 258.

Here is the Weber Tune Thread I wrote:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631105

Just like any larger carb your ignition and overall health of engine needs to be good if you want the performance improvements.

As for this not a Weber Carb.. Come on think about this. It has Weber on the box and is shipped from one of several importers of Weber. It it was not a weber product there would be quite the lawsuite for using their name, the weber name. It is made by Solex under contract for Weber and is made in France. All multinationals use subcontractors and Weber and Solex are used on audi, porsh, BMW and many world famous cars as OEM and aftermarket. They work.

Order with or install the proper jets and you will be a happy camper. I replaced single barrel carb and intake/exhaust with a two barrel intake/borla header/Weber 34/34. Runs like new and the video is at the end of the Tune Thread for the proof.

Regards,
Fred

#13 ·
Price $285
Pros more low end torque, more high end horesepower
Cons N/A
Recommended yes

Comments: right out of the box. no jet changes or anything like the fellow jeepers who use webers. I think the teamrush upgrade and freeflowing exhaust helped this but I am not 100% on this. This carb is 10x better then problematic BBD and I don't think you will be disappointed.

#16 ·
Price $400
Pros More better fuel flow
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I can't compare really as it came installed when I bought the jeep.

#18 ·
Price $299
Pros definately better fuel mileage, but realize the improvements are based on how out of tune and the condition of carb your replacing
Cons more detailed instructions, but you always have the forrums for help
Recommended yes

Comments: What i purchased was actually a 34 DGEC. I have extremely little mechanical skills but i managed to install this by myself using the web for most of the directions and help, Jeep runs so much better even on the factory settings.

#20 ·
Price $200
Pros works much better than oem
Cons floods some when not used often enough but not enough to stop running
Recommended yes

Comments: We replace the oem carb since we went through 2 oem and still would not run right we removed the computer and put the weber carb on and no problems since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.