244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $400
Rating 4
Average Price $286.88
Manufacturer Weber
Recommended Yes: 29 / No: 0

These time tested carburetors can deliver more horsepower, fuel economy and dependibility than stock units. Experience noticeable gains in torque and better acceleration. Includes an assembled carburetor body, manifold adapter, all linkage, a washable air filter with chrome housing and complete installation and tuning instructions. Most kits will deliver up to 18% increase in hp over factory carburetors while increasing fuel economy by 10-20%.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $399
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: much improved performance, easy to install, difficult to tune, mine runs very rich.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Price $300
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: This was a very easy install. Simply remove the old, stick in the new and nutter. Timing was a little tricky and make sure you stick the fuel regulator on the proper way.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Price $240
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Wicked nice tons of extra power and love not having to deal with the computer

·
Registered
77 Posts
Price $300
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Good fit .........................................................................................................................

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: All the webers run the same... I have a Weber 34/34 and put together a nice thread on how to tune and change jets. I would recommend the Weber 34/34 or 32/36, the 38/38 is too big a carb for most of us and is not progressive venturies. ON the 38/38 both venturies are used all the time.

I agree this is a nice upgrade for 1 or 2 barrel 4.2 liter jeep. Works realy well with correct jets, more power, response, and 24 mpg. Webers like a better ignition so do the TeamRush, aux grounds, and CDI if you can. Here is a link I put together for a good jet change and tune information. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631105

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Price $380
Rating 5
Pros All items necessary to mount this carb is included in this kit. Superb performance with the old school Weber integrity built into it, the DGEV 32/36.
Cons None, with years of use on my CJ's.
Recommended yes

Comments: An all inclusive installation kit for an excellent performance gain. I find it a pleasure to be able to recommend this kit to the shopping Jeeper who in turn would do the same, just as these other users have. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Price $320
Pros Works great!
Cons N/A
Recommended yes

Comments: I was having non-stop trouble with my carter then purchased this and now it runs great!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Price $500
Pros runs great - easy to set up - good gas mileage
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: Jeep already had a Weber installed and was running rough - took it apart and it looked like it had be dipped in sand. Replaced fuel filters and got myself a new 32/36 DGEV - it's run like a trooper ever since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $327.99
Pros Easy install, increased fuel economy, great throttle response, and it definitely increased power.
Cons I really don't have any
Recommended yes

Comments: My Carter was completely trashed and running extremely rich so I decided to pick up the Weber after reading countless threads on jeepforum. The installation of this carb took about 3 hours and was really simple to install. My fuel economy is greatly improved and I never thought my 4.2 could run so well until I got this installed. I would highly recommend anyone who is searching for a well built reasonably priced carb for their Jeep to purchase a Weber 32/36.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $400
Pros Performance and Fuel Economy
Cons It's not Fuel Injection but tollerable.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have an 84 Jeep with the 258 six (about 90K), 5spd manual/overdrive, 4.10 gears, and 33x10.50 tires.

The 32/36 is a great compliment to this drivetrain. No problems going up hills in 5th. It cruises down the highway all day at 65 mph at approx. 2200-2300 rpm's - this seems to be a sweet spot for engine.

The secondaries make a big difference in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. The engine will quickly accelerate to to 3500 rpm's with a loud screaming sound... kinda funny for 110 hp straight six engine.

The installation took half a day. I am using a Holley 1-4 PSI fuel pressure regulator (set to 3 PSI) as recommended on some threads - not sure if it's necessary though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Price $289
Pros Good product
+ results
Cons Intense install
mounting modifications for the pressure regulator
Recommended yes

Comments: Good mod, took a while to finalize & tune. Much more power & responsiveness after installation. I still have some cold problems.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.