21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $285
Pros Runs like a scalded ape
Cons Had to tweak to meet emissions
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a great carb for the jeep. I am self taught and follow the manual and found it to be easy when I read the instructions and took my time to dial it in. I did have to have a pro re-jet it to get it within the tolerance for emissions, but otherwise it was a breeze

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $350
Pros stats up and idles better,right... it is better than stock.
Cons its always thirsty for gas
Recommended yes

Comments: i have one , its awlways thirsty!! i agree it is better than stock, ive heard holly is better.i was just handed down a ford 2 bbl carb that have have not yet put on...... i got a long list of things to do and no cash to do it:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Price $350
Pros makes a bad engine good
Cons pricey and you need to have knowledge to install it
Recommended yes

Comments: Changed my mind on needing a new enigine this replaced my old carter and with a few more mods to the engine I know why people love the inline 6

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $1
Pros More power, easy to install
Cons Less gas mileage, difficult to tune accurately
Recommended no

Comments: Carb was on the Jeep when I purchased. Rebuilt the carb and still it is difficult to tune accurately. Carb has front jets that appear to shoot straight up and if there is not full vacuum on your motor the gas could shot directly out of the carb.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Price $450
Pros It has instathrottle and does pretty well with gas mileage
Cons It takes me 18 tries to start up when it's been sitting for a week.
Recommended yes

Comments: I like the Weber, it works great when I use the Jeep frequently.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.