Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got my new springs and bumpstops in this weekend. Did what I needed it to but sits a little higher than I had wanted. After some measurements and numbers I found online. I'm sitting at 3" in the front and 4" in the rear. Gonna try to get the front up a little bit after I wait a little to see if they settle some. Refitted the tires and adjusted the bump stops to suit. I need to re work the front before it'll be ready for some trails. Planning a light duty wheeling trip to windrock soon. Haven't got a picture of how it sits yet but will soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
One thing to add with the LJ. Picked up a Barnes4wd bolt on skid from a buddy of mine the other day and got it on today. Pretty easy install. Didn't really want to go super high clearance due to the extra work involved in doing so. Plus I can add the engine skid later on.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Couple things to add. I finally was able to get the Jeep over to the shop and get the AC fixed so that's done. Also been wanting to go back to some factory fenders for a while now. Started posting around and found someone local that had my exact paint coded Jeep and wanted to trade me for my tube fenders. I also got the front end up a little. Was gonna order some matching front springs but didn't feel like spending the money so just got some coil spacers sits about rear I want it to now with about 4" of lift. While I was under there I installed some front uppers I picked up a little while ago. Though now with it sitting as high as it is I may end up with some long arms soon enough but we'll see. Also need to rear adjust the bumpstops for the factory fenders. I left them out for now till I have longer ones made. May start to stock piles some parts for a rear gear and 5 speed swap.

New fenders with out front adjustment.

With coil spacers

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Little update.. Been real busy with moving into my new house. Oh btw I bought a new house! Closed at the beginning of December. Wasn’t really planning on it all but my wife and I started looking and everything seemed to fall into place like it was meant to be. Especially in the crazy housing market we have been in. Right at 3acres with a powered shop. House needs a good bit of work and the shop’s electrical needs work but it’s there and it will work. Jeep is gonna need some steering updates. Been getting some terrible death wobble here and there so will probably just bite the bullet on something upgraded but not sure yet. Seems that I’m just taking on project after project lately. Picked up a gooseneck trailer and a camper that I’m planning to put on it. But time will tell with that one. Right now most of my attention and money will be focused on the new casa to have it to the wife’s liking then I can dig into some of my other projects. Have some plans for some other Jeep projects as well as money allows but gonna keep those on the DL till the time is right.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well my wife joined the club! We traded in her Grand Cherokee for this 2017 JKU. Has a decent amount done to it already so probably won’t be doing much more to it. But the list is below

2017 JKU Sport
  • Spicer Dana 44 front crate axle
  • Electric lockers front and rear
  • 5.38s (I think)
  • Driveshaft conversions front and rear
  • Poison Spyder everything
  • Teraflex steering
  • Spyderlock Beadlocks
  • 38x15.5 Toyo MTs

Will do some small stuff to it. I know first order of business is to downsize the tires to a narrower 12.5 or 13.5” possibly lose the beadlocks. All in do time though.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts